EEC Tuner

J

Joisey Jim

I'm thinking about getting the Tuner to remove the speed limiter (on my '94 auto), change the fan temperatures and also the shift points. I can't see spending $200 or so on just a fixed re-calibrated chip, when the Tuner gives me the ability to constantly modify settings if I don't like them. Like changing the fans settings for winter & summer, for instance. My '94 is only mildly modified, just bolt-ons; so I'd like some honest feedback from those actually using the Tuner. Much appreciated.

Mine worked fine when I had it. Only problem was getting good contact, because the part that plugs into the access port was made very flimsy compared to the chip I'm using now.

David

I've had mine for several years, with no problems at all. I installed it and haven't had to touch it since, aside from programming of course. I guess they must have sourced the card edge connectors from different suppliers, since I remember mine being so robust I could barely get it connected (and it's certainly not going to get loose!).

You will really like the EEC-tuner if you are a "tinkerer" and/or would like to be able to make small adjustments to optimize various things (like I've run different programs at the track sometimes to take advantage of race fuel, or conditions). Or if you're slowly adding mods, you won't have to worry about reburning a chip each time something changes. But if you just want to "Set it and forget it" then a chip will require less effort and learning curve.

Back