SC / GTP Club Clash - October 16th

forcfed93

The 8th SC/GTP Club Clash will be held at Tristate Raceway in Earlville, Iowa on October 16th.

The track opens at 9:00 and T&T starts at 10:00.

We will run two qualifying runs starting at 11am. Eliminations will begin at 12:30.

If you are planning to attend, please let me know. I just want an idea of how many are coming. We will most likely do something after the races. There are several things going on in the area Saturday Night!!!!!

Yeah buddy.. I'll be there - I'm 99% sure I'll be there with my 'Bird - unless something happens between now and then to make me change my mind. Well, that or my transmission doesn't get installed in time.

-Andy "Melon"

How many of you will be in CR on Friday evening?!?!?!?!

I'd like to maybe put something together for us to do!

We could go Indoor Gokarting or out to eat somewhere or anything else anyone can think of!!!!!!

What does everyone think??????

I'm not sure yet what time I'll get there since I'm not sure what time I'll be off work. But I will be staying in Cedar Rapids that night @ Super 8. I believe it's the 720 33rd Ave SW location, but I'd have to double check. The address looks right.

I'd be up to just go out to eat or something.

-Andy "Melon"

Melon said:
I will be staying in Cedar Rapids that night @ Super 8. I believe it's the 720 33rd Ave SW location, but I'd have to double check. The address looks right.

I'd be up to just go out to eat or something.

-Andy "Melon"

That Super 8 is the one next to McDonalds. It's not very far from my house. There are about a dozen places to eat in that 4 block area. Everything from fast food to a few good sit-down places ......

I'm planning on coming Mike. Best et thus far is 13.64 @100.49 so hopefully I can dip down a little lower.

T-bird4vr said:
I'm planning on coming Mike. Best et thus far is 13.64 @100.49 so hopefully I can dip down a little lower.

Im glad to hear that you will be making it!!! Its supoused to be cool (in the high 50s) that day, so there should be some big numbers that day!!!!

Rock on.. I was going to look up for the forecast, but don't have to now :) Temps in the 50's would be really nice. Rather be a bit chilly than a bit warm.. I don't like the heat.

-Andy "Melon"

mikey, melon, I just found out I will be traveling for work on Friday. I am still going to try to make it, but I am not sure what time I will get back home. I have a friend with a SCed monte carlo, a 99 or something. Probably the first year of the new style. Is it cool if I bring him along? I think he is working in CR actually.

T-bird4vr said:
mikey, melon, I just found out I will be traveling for work on Friday. I am still going to try to make it, but I am not sure what time I will get back home. I have a friend with a SCed monte carlo, a 99 or something. Probably the first year of the new style. Is it cool if I bring him along? I think he is working in CR actually.

Absolutely, everyone is welcome ..... He might be able to join the GTP group for the event ......

You have my number right? Call me when you get ready to leave and I'll let you know what's going on Friday Night!!!!

If you dont leave until Saturday Morning, we will be meeting at Mc Donalds on 33rd Ave and 6th Street (Just down the street from the Godfathers Pizza) at 8am sharp.

forcfed93 said:
Absolutely, everyone is welcome ..... He might be able to join the GTP group for the event ......

You have my number right? Call me when you get ready to leave and I'll let you know what's going on Friday Night!!!!

If you dont leave until Saturday Morning, we will be meeting at Mc Donalds on 33rd Ave and 6th Street (Just down the street from the Godfathers Pizza) at 8am sharp.

Mike,

I am hoping to make it. I'll meet you at Mc Donalds Saturday morning. Never been to CR, so can you post some directions?

90blkbird-you need directions for MickeyD's??

You can go 80 or US 30

In either case head north on 380 and take the 33rd south exit

Turn left at the light at the bottom of the ramp and McD's is on the right

Birdman93 said:
90blkbird-you need directions for MickeyD's??

You can go 80 or US 30

In either case head north on 380 and take the 33rd south exit

Turn left at the light at the bottom of the ramp and McD's is on the right

Yes, thanks! I should be able to find it from there.

90blkbrd said:
Mike,

I am hoping to make it. I'll meet you at Mc Donalds Saturday morning. Never been to CR, so can you post some directions?

Like Tony said: no matter which way you come (I-80 to I-380 or Highway 30 to I-380) Take I-380 north to the 33rd Ave SW exit ..... It's one exit north of Highway 30. Turn left and go one stoplight. Thats 6th Street. McDonalds is right on the corner of 33rd and 6th. We will be leaving there at 8am sharp.

FYI for everyone that would want to cruise to the track with us .... When we leave town, we will be going east on Hwy 30 to Hwy 13 and then north to Hwy 20. Earlville is about 10 miles east of Manchester on Hwy 20 and the track enterance is located just south of the Earlville exit.

How much gas should I have in the tank to race? Where can I get 91-93 octane gas without ethanol in CR, preferably near the Mc Donalds where we are meeting for breakfast?

If you have 3/4 tank when you get to CR, you'll have about 1/2 tank when we get to Earlville. Mike says we're good if we have 1/4 to 1/2 tank when we get there-in fact you'll save weight if you arrive here with 1/2.

BP and Mobil have 92-if you want I can get you over to the mobile station we use, then we can catch up to the others if need be.

90blkbrd said:
How much gas should I have in the tank to race? Where can I get 91-93 octane gas without ethanol in CR, preferably near the Mc Donalds where we are meeting for breakfast?

When I took my 93 to the track, I would always make sure I had just at a 1/2 tank when I left CR. It was pretty much stock with stock 3.27 rear gears and I always had about 3/8 of a tank when I got to the track. When we leave the track there is a BP station about 5 miles from the track, so we can fill before we head back to CR.

All of the BP's are 92 Oct and we even have one that pumps 93. You can get 91 almost everywhere over here!!!

Birdman93 said:
If you have 3/4 tank when you get to CR, you'll have about 1/2 tank when we get to Earlville. Mike says we're good if we have 1/4 to 1/2 tank when we get there-in fact you'll save weight if you arrive here with 1/2.

BP and Mobil have 92-if you want I can get you over to the mobile station we use, then we can catch up to the others if need be.

BTW Tony ........... The Mobil on 1st Ave west is closed down. I stopped there last night to fill and it is boarded up ............
:mad:

Well-in weather that had most of the big dogs sitting on the trailer(no track prep-which meant no slicks), the SCCoIA and the GTP club held the last Club Clash of the season-and I hit a personal best ET of 15.14 at 91.16mph-the only modification to the car is a 10% OD pulley on the supercharger. :cool:

The air temp was hovering around 47 according to the NWS-wind chill was 36. My biggest problem was getting the car to hook up at the line-all of my RTs were in the 380 range thanks to tire spin.

Some of the other folks that joined us had some awesome runs :eek: I have three things to work on-driving technique, driving technique and driving technique. Oh-guess I said that already :D

Tony Poole - Cedar Valley Thunderbirds

Back