removing door panels?

lapole37

do the door panels simply pop off, or are there any hidden screws? what must be done in order to remove them properly? i need to remove them to re-lubricate the windows. thanks for your help.

hey there. funny, i was on my way out to pop mine off becuase my passenger window is stuck. wont go up or down. this is for a 89-93 as far as i know anyways. all the screws should be visible except one. you have to pop off the switch holder thing and theres one more screw by the hand hold. also, pop off those black plastic trim peices around the door handle. they pull right off. also, there is a litle plastic piece on the inside right by the mirror with one screw on it. pull that off then just pull up on the panel. should come right out. hope this helps.

specops_SC said:
hey there. funny, i was on my way out to pop mine off becuase my passenger window is stuck. wont go up or down. this is for a 89-93 as far as i know anyways. all the screws should be visible except one. you have to pop off the switch holder thing and theres one more screw by the hand hold. also, pop off those black plastic trim peices around the door handle. they pull right off. also, there is a litle plastic piece on the inside right by the mirror with one screw on it. pull that off then just pull up on the panel. should come right out. hope this helps.

Be sure to lift vertically on the door panel, not towards yourself or you will break the clips on the back.

Mike Donley

The older cars (89-90?) have a phillips screw at the top end of the switch panel. The newer ones are a push fit as indicated by specops_SC. Be careful with the triangular cups for the door handles - their tabs break off very easily. I don't know why specops_SC said to pop them off :confused: . If you do, the tabs will break for sure, as they are old and the plastic has become very brittle. Don't try to remove them. It's best to have a helper to hold the handle slightly open while you are removing or putting back the door panel.

Back