Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings

darkstar_one

hey, seeing as how i believe i can get the ENERGY SUSPENSION sway bar bushings from autozone for around 16.99 anyone has used them? does it affect ride comfortability, im looking for that smooth ride feel. no hard crap for me. well any-who, its for a 1991 SC, i have read on MN12s sight that the sway bars vary by year. so far for mines is:

29.00mm = 1.20"

energy suspension has some available in the universal types in this size:

1 1/8" / 28.5mm

now the thing is i dont know which set number to get. Both are greasable.

i have included a picture to explain it better, which set should i get?

Attachments

• bushings.JPG
    bushings.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 109
darkstar_one said:
hello...???

Hello to you too! :)
darkstar_one, you'll need to measure the height or length of your sway bar brackets. Is the height 1 3/8" or 1 3/4" and the width 3 5/8" or 4 1/2"?

darkstar_one said:
hey, seeing as how i believe i can get the ENERGY SUSPENSION sway bar bushings from autozone for around 16.99 anyone has used them? does it affect ride comfortability, im looking for that smooth ride feel. no hard crap for me. well any-who, its for a 1991 SC, i have read on MN12s sight that the sway bars vary by year. so far for mines is:

29.00mm = 1.20"

energy suspension has some available in the universal types in this size:

1 1/8" / 28.5mm

now the thing is i dont know which set number to get. Both are greasable.

i have included a picture to explain it better, which set should i get?

Darkstar, I used those when I broke one of my old mounts. They seem to be working fine. I was a little concerned because the bracked that comes with the Energy Suspension bushings is a lot thinner than the stock bracket.

I don't have the part number that I used, sorry. But I think the 9.5164's are the ones I went with, they where the closest match to the stock mounts. I originally intended to re-use the MN12Performance bushings in the Energy mounts, but they would not fit, the MN12 and stock bushings are thicker.

Last edited:
Back