Help please.....idle problems

sweetcoupe

aight guys i really need your help im gettin tired of this....heres the symptoms...the car has been sittin for a while but i make sure i started it once a week if not more but ive had the problem before it sat thats y it is sitting..lol
anyway....ill start the car it idles rough..almost sounds like its missing....it heats up and its like the problem goes away everything is cool...itll be running running then all of a sudden it drops real low and the computer can just barely save it and it idles rough again....i changed the tps, and the iac (really thought it was the iac) and still the problem....i thought maybe a vac leak but wouldnt it run rough all the time? the DIS symptoms dont sound right to me either....im kinda thinkin right now that it may be a bad injector or leaking injector seal cause we were messing with the idle screw on teh throttle body while the engine was off key out and we smelled gas....but other then that im clueless and tired of spending needless money....so im turning to you guys for help so......PLEASE HELP!!! lol

oo by the way, when it is running rough i can put it and drive and take off like nothing is wrong....come to a stop light eveything is fine....sit at the stop light for tooo long bam like someone flicked a switch and its idleing bad again

91 sc auto tranny
thanks

no none at all.....i do remember checking the codes when it first started to happen and it said ozygen sensor running lean i believe was the code....it was another reason y the injectors came up in my head today.....do u believe it could possibly be them??

I agree, if you smell gas y have to track it down. Start at the main fuel connector behind the A/C, then look for fuel stains around the metal where the injector plugs into the manifold. Your problem could still be an air leak, and y could be smelling engine blowby. All of the air going into the engine has to be measured by the MAF which tells the computer, from that point on the system has to be closed until it passes the O2 sensors. When y have the engine breathing from leaks that the MAF & computer doesn't know about, it will run like varying degrees of crap depending on where the leak is located.
The 1 that affected my idle was the 1 that starts on the drives valve cover, under the SC snout, down under all kinds of wires behind the A/C, and on to the bottom of the intake tube. Mine was disconnected down inside the bundle of wires where the rubber goes onto the hard plastic, I've got a good clamp on it now. Good luck

well here is the update....took a can of starter fluid and sprayed around...i got a burst in idle right in between the inlet plenum and the actual supercharger.....right now i got the sc off and the plenum....the gasket on the plenum looks new as it should seens how its not that old lol and i dunno what else it could leak at....i looked for cracks anywhere and i couldnt see any....the only other thing that it could be where i see is the injectors since they are right around there.....i also found oil right near were the pulley snout meets up with the supercharger.....didnt like that ...could that be it???

anyone help PLEASE

injectors

If you're that worried about the injectors I would replace them since you already have the SC off. You should be able to find some cheap in the classifieds.

Back