Fastest SC's

XR7 Dave

Holy smokes guys, I was just looking at the list and it is amazing.

When I first looked at the list in 1998 the fastest and only car in the 12's was 12.5 on nitrous with the next two duking it out in the low 13's. The top ten took you into the 14's, and it was generally accepted that SC's could not run 12's with a stock motor and would self destruct before 300rwhp.

My how things have changed! Now it has been proven that the stock motor will handle over 400rwhp and 14's are only considered a starting point.

Currently the top 5 are all 11 second cars, it takes a 12.5 to get into the top ten, and a 13.0 just barely gets you into the top 20. A 14.5, well that isn't even good enough for the top 50 anymore. I remember when I first looked at the list my 14.5 was good for a spot in the top 15.

I was just amazed at how things have changed and I thought I would share.

Have a nice night!!

YEAH.......
Things have certainly changed, and this is a fine year to own an SC. I think things will be changing even more pretty soon thanks to guys like you Dave. :cool:

Now there is a bigger emphasis on being number one. Mustangs and camaros are getting boring, and not many people wanna ricer, so the SC falls into play. And with our need for speed, the race continues. Who will be number one. We all dream of having that spot. Its a big challenge, and now with more players than ever.

pearl95sc said:
Now there is a bigger emphasis on being number one. Mustangs and camaros are getting boring, and not many people wanna ricer, so the SC falls into play. And with our need for speed, the race continues. Who will be number one. We all dream of having that spot. Its a big challenge, and now with more players than ever.

I agree with that empahsis on being #1, but some guys want to separate eveything by the "list". :rolleyes: Also you have those that make the statement "I want to use and M-90 the way the cars were meant to be".
LOL! Ford NEVER meant a supercoupe to be a all out DRAG RACING car, so these days if you want to run with the big dogs you need to roll up or get swole up! ;)

I personally could care less about the list. Doesn't really matter how you get there, but if you do more with less, then you get the respect. f you have a parachute, big block, solid axle, or a cage, then you're not in my boat to compete with. With the 6, there is a lot of competition against other SC's, with an 8, I'll get a lot of respect from the stang/camaro crowds.

Hmmm..... My last statement sort of looked like I was reffering to you, Sorry! :cool:

I agree with what you have said and you have some really good points! ;)

I think the same as you every time I have looked at the list Dave.
Hey...That reminds me. I still have not submitted my time. Looks like I am good for #15 once I get off my butt and scan the slip.

I believe that most people don't really care who's #1 or even where they are on the list, it's just some cool info to look at. Regardless of what anyone has to say about how this or that car got up the list, the point is merely that it's possible to have a very fast V6 powered SC and look back at what was considered "the limit" a couple years ago and smirk.

I remember when the big announcement came from CMRE and the SCCOA that "500HP+ had been reached" (with a little help from nitrous). However at the time this was achieved on an engine dyno, not a chassis dyno. Now we have "cam and heads" SC's making that kind of hp on the stock bottom end and pump gas. Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm". :D

XR7 Dave said:
I believe that most people don't really care who's #1 or even where they are on the list, it's just some cool info to look at. Regardless of what anyone has to say about how this or that car got up the list, the point is merely that it's possible to have a very fast V6 powered SC and look back at what was considered "the limit" a couple years ago and smirk.

I remember when the big announcement came from CMRE and the SCCOA that "500HP+ had been reached" (with a little help from nitrous). However at the time this was achieved on an engine dyno, not a chassis dyno. Now we have "cam and heads" SC's making that kind of hp on the stock bottom end and pump gas. Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm". :D

Maybe that's my problem Dave, I've got hamsters in my supercharger. :D

Since mine has been sitting for the last 3 weeks, 15.5 would be fast to me. :p

I'm gonna see if I can get mine running today, I might have an ACE up my sleeve. :eek:

David

I would like to see a SCCoA club motor built.Get together some members
that can doanate the best and lightest parts,or services and talents.And
build a nice motor & drive train.Then take it to the drag strip and Saltflats.

I bet you would see the numbers fall even faster .If a team was assembled.

Randy

Hye Randy that seems like a good idea....but can I keep the final project? :p

Ya the list seems to just be taking off. Parts are cheaper and many of those who took the first step experiementing, paved the way for the rest of us with what works and what doesn't. As for the HP and TQ list, hell i'd be #5 on the highest TQ? Whats up with that, just my HP numbers dont match....running just a tad lean (14:1 :eek: :eek: with no tune). But hey, top five would be fine for me, once i submit my numbers.

fastsc92 said:
Hye Randy that seems like a good idea....but can I keep the final project? :p

Ya the list seems to just be taking off. Parts are cheaper and many of those who took the first step experiementing, paved the way for the rest of us with what works and what doesn't. As for the HP and TQ list, hell i'd be #5 on the highest TQ? Whats up with that, just my HP numbers dont match....running just a tad lean (14:1 :eek: :eek: with no tune). But hey, top five would be fine for me, once i submit my numbers.

I thought you said those numbers were made using nitrous....if so they are not eligible for the list. BTW, My nitrous dyno numbers are 459 rwhp and 558 rwtq.

David

Last edited:
It's become tougher at the bottom of the list also. Last year my I ran 15.72 in my auto and was #78 and this year 15.25 in my 5-spd only gets me #87. :p
I'd like to see 60 ft times listed because I like to compare my numbers to what others in my range get and with the et and mph you don't get the whole story.

Also, I just noticed that the fastest rules allow nitrous, but the most powerful list doesn't. Allowing nitous or not allowing nitrous or however the lists are catagorized I'd like to see the rules for the power match the rules for perfomance.

Also, I just noticed that the fastest rules allow nitrous, but the most powerful list doesn't. Allowing nitous or not allowing nitrous or however the lists are catagorized I'd like to see the rules for the power match the rules for perfomance.

Kurt,

That topic along with the use of other means of forced induction (whipple, AR, centrificual, turbo ect..) has been debated several times already. George has indicated that when the club elects officers next year the matter will be put to a vote by the members.

David

That topic along with the use of other means of forced induction (whipple, AR, centrificual, turbo ect..) has been debated several times already. George has indicated that when the club elects officers next year the matter will be put to a vote by the members.

I know, I've read most of that stuff and wasn't trying to get anything started. That thought just popped in my head while I was posting my reply, I'll use more restraint while typing next time. ;)

Kurt

XR7Kurt said:
I know, I've read most of that stuff and wasn't trying to get anything started. That thought just popped in my head while I was posting my reply, I'll use more restraint while typing next time. ;)

Kurt

Kurt,

No restraint necessary....I feel the same way you do.

David

Its amazing

"Top 5 all 11 second cars"
I remember when Neil Frisbie's 12.493et was top spot.
Than Coy set his mark than I did right behind him 2nd 11 second run me and Coy where 1 & 2 for a long time only two 11 second cars than Chris W. now we have 5 in the 11's its amazing how far we came.

I am looking forward to the first 10 second car Coy is right there if I was him I would have snatched the first 10 second time long ago.but there are others quick & fast never know 5 years from now top may all be in the 10 second range.the future is bright for the awesome Super Coupe

Micahdogg said:
Back in 1999, my 14.6 was good for #10. Yikes. After 5 years I'm only 1/2 second quicker?

Micah
That's actually pretty funny Micah, you are going to have to work just a "tad" quicker if you want to keep up with anyone anymore! LOL

I remember back in 99 my 13.778 was good for # five on the list. Now # five is 11.911 and in just five short years. Man, I'd be happy just to see high 12's at this point. :)

Back