Custom front or side exit tops.

cougarsc

Update: email or PM for pictures.

I have material to make more. Cost is $165 for polished or powdercoated version, $155 unpolished. Powdercoating colors available are: Black, Mirror Chrome, Black chrome, Dark Red.

Shipping is $8 in the US and $18 to Canada.

Note this is for custom applications.

Picture shown is for a 3-inch front exit. It's tallest point is 3.25-inches.

customtop1.jpg

Your choice is

1. Front exit with 3-inch outlet
2. Front exit with 2.5-inch outlet.
3. Side exit with 3-inch outlet.
4. Side exit with 2.5inch outlet.
5. Also a 2.75-in outlet if interested.

This will include stainless socket head bolts.

Added note: The side exits can be made to work with stock piping. You will need a high temp silicone coupler reducer (2.75 to 2.75, 3.0 to 2.75-in or 2.5 to 2.75-in), a couple of T-bolt band clamps, and then cut the stock upper tube at the enlarged threaded end. If interested, I'll get an install kit put together.

ictubecut.jpg

red2.JPG

00_00007.jpg

Added a few more pictures of some tops...

Tops with a bend on the exit...

top1.jpg

Email: jlimerbt@yahoo.com

Paypal OK

Thanks,
Jerrod

Last edited:
I am the "current" owner of the custom top in the pics above. I can tell you that Jerrod's metal work is Incredible!!!! So good that I'm now paying him to build my custom air/water Intercooler. Those prices are a steal.

The front exit 3-inch will clear a stock hood, but with piping installed it won't clear my 97 Cougar hood. With piping it needed about .5-1.0 inch clearance.

Attachments

• Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
I'm another owner of one of these awesome tops, i just love it, exactly what i wanted, now i gotta finish up the rest of my custom FMIC.. u should make inlet plenums for us to Jerrod, you obviously have some skill :) keep it up, cant wait to see you produce more high quality stuff for the SC community !! here is mine below that i threw on my polishing wheel, for those that would like to enhance the outside finish :) Alex L

So I'm a little confused. it fits under a stock hood, as long as you don't have it hooked up?? I am interested in a 3" front exit but from what you said it sounds like I wouldn't be able to use it under a stock hood, is this true? :confused:

Sent you a PM. Yes the 3-inch front exit will require a hood scoop or a cowl hood. The piping is why the stock hood won't clear.

Currently taking payment on the GP. Paypal OK.

Currently it stands at 7 tops. I'll be at the SC shootout, so if anyone wants to pick it up there let me know. But you would need to get in the group buy now. But I may have a few made up for the shootout for sale.

They do come polished...

Thanks,
Jerrod

Last edited:
Guess I'm #10! Send me those dimensional drawings when you get a chance. Dumb question, but has anyone tried to use a round silicone adapter on oval tubing?

---Max

Need 2.75 side outlet. Payment sent paypal.

Please provide vendor information so we can purchase hose couplings.

thanks,
tripntx

Still selling the tops? I have an intercooler on the way and as soon as I figure out the piping ill let you know what I need. Thanks Derek

Back