Stock fuel pump, how good is it?

pearl95sc

In lieu of having to pull my 95 back apart, I'm going to loan some of my parts to my 94. I was gunna swap the blower w/od pulley, raised hat, rails and injectors w/ adj. fpr, maf, TB, inlet tube, and IC. Will the stock pump supply enough fuel to the 42 pounders? Is it possible that the stock 36ers will deliver enough fuel to avoid going lean? I just wanna get some use outta these parts. Granted, they look great on the car, but that's about it. Since I've shelled out the cash, I've only put about 200 miles on everything, and that sux. Almost like buying and expensive paperweight.

Iam no expert but I was told when I went to the 42 lb. injectors it was time to upgrage the fuel pump. Wouldnt want to see you lean out the motor at high rpms. Tim

If you have the stock pump, you might as well keep the stock injectors and MAF. The other stuff is not going to make any more power and will only cause problems. Go ahead and put the blower and other stuff on. The stock injectors will supply 280rwhp which you won't hit with those parts.

Think I toasted a valve and started to sautee the other 2 in the passenger head. Did a compression test, with motor cold, and got 113, 0, 113 psi. Crummy, i know. I already pulled the valve cover, rocker arms move like they should without problem. Gunna pull the head and see what gives. Hopefully I didn't destroy a piston, or a ring, or somethin in the bottom end.

On another note, I bolted up the goodies to the 94 today. Wow, car hauls now, and has a disgustinly loud whine/moan. Exhaust is even a few hairs louder.

Back