from 3:73 gears to 4:11?

tim

My car never will be driver to work or on the highway for any distance Around town and the track is really it. In my never ending quest to get my doggy car to go faster I was wondering if I could go to 4 series gears. The engine will pull 6000 plus. I just dont want to run out of engine before I cross the line. My rear tires are bfg drag radials mounted on 16 inch rims. The converter stalls at 2300. Thanks Tim

are 4.11's an option? i thought it was 4.10's, well 4.10's sound steep to some but i don't think they are just as long as you match them with a taller drag radial or slick.......don't forget about your halfshafts they will be seeing alot more stress with that ratio and a stickier tire

It will be fine Tim. For all the money you are spending on this and that you could have bought an AR. :D

Dave who said Iam not going to? Can you say tax return. First Iam going to buy an A.R. from you. Then next year I can blow that sawed off bird of yours off the track. Do you think the gears wll just improve the 60 foot time or overall et?

tim said:
Dave who said Iam not going to? Can you say tax return. First Iam going to buy an A.R. from you. Then next year I can blow that sawed off bird of yours off the track. Do you think the gears wll just improve the 60 foot time or overall et?
.1 in the first 60 means .2 at the end.

Back