Fuel Injector Questions

Scour_king

Can someone point me to an article about the differences in fuel injectors.
I am confused about the types. I see oem and then I see high flow and the poundages of them and I am getting confused. I see some Vipers in summit that go from like 15 to 25 lbs that are high flow and good to 500hp but then I see some that are like oem that go from 25 to 42 lbs and claim they are only good to 500 hp so I dont know what to get. I have a 95 SC with the stock injectors. I am planning on doing all the bolt on mods and a Coy Miller Stage 1 type cam and do the exhaust (first thing). Any help on this would be appriciated. Below is a copy of the cam I am going to use.

Attachments

• Cam Spec Coy Miller Stage 1.JPG
    Cam Spec Coy Miller Stage 1.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 66
Scour_king said:
Can someone point me to an article about the differences in fuel injectors.
I am confused about the types. I see oem and then I see high flow and the poundages of them and I am getting confused. I see some Vipers in summit that go from like 15 to 25 lbs that are high flow and good to 500hp but then I see some that are like oem that go from 25 to 42 lbs and claim they are only good to 500 hp so I dont know what to get. I have a 95 SC with the stock injectors. I am planning on doing all the bolt on mods and a Coy Miller Stage 1 type cam and do the exhaust (first thing). Any help on this would be appriciated. Below is a copy of the cam I am going to use.

Your car should have 36# injectors. I wouldn't go with anything less than that and maybe with the cam and bolt ons, you might want to go with 42#.

David

a viper might be good for 500 hp from 25 lb/hr injectors because they have 4 more cylinders to produce power than we do. that and the fact that they are n/a. our cars, being 6 cylinders and supercharged, need a lot more fuel per cylinder.

Back