Head Gaskets

Anyone try the SCE Pro-Seal gaskets yet?? I'm thinking of using a set this winter-here's the info:

Pro Copper Head Gaskets:
SCE Gaskets Inc. legendary Pro Copper Head Gaskets, used and recommended by top professional teams to seal 7,000 horsepower Top Fuel motors. These fine gaskets are equally potent in 500 horsepower street strip motors. They are made from C11000 ASTM B-152-92 copper sheets, annealed to Rockwell F-32 after manufacturing, Skin sealed in engine sets. These exceptional gaskets are also available in "Pro Heat Treat" hardness for those engines requiring resistance to extreme combustion pressures.

Key Benefits:
Available in your choice of bore and thickness for more popular performance engines than any other manufacturer. SCE Gaskets, Inc. believes in quality and customer service. Our designs are updated to conform to the latest OEM changes and configurations. We welcome customer inputs regarding specific concerns. To aid in obtaining the best possible installation for your engine please see our SCE Tech Tips page.

For the 3.8L motors, SCE has the following available:

Pro Copper Head Gaskets Ford SVO 3.8L

Gasket Thickness
.032” .043” .050” .062” .080” .093”
91253 91254 91255 91256 91258 91259

The numbers don't quite line up, but those are the part nos in order for each gasket thickness.

Here is the URL for the company:

SCE Gaskets

Last edited:
Here's the Fel-Pro info for 89-93 and 94-95 R-code motors:

Fel-Pro Information

Head Set HS9642PT 89-93 1
SUPERCHARGED
NEW HEAD BOLTS REQD
HEAD BOLT SET NOT INCL
INCL PREM QUALITY VALVE STEM SEALS
INCL PREM QUALITY VALVE COVER GSKT
USE w/BOLT PREP GRA2
USE w/INST AID RED3, BLU4, YEL5

Head Set HS9642PT1 94-95 1
SUPERCHARGED
NEW HEAD BOLTS REQD
HEAD BOLT SET NOT INCL
INCL PREM QUALITY VALVE STEM SEALS
INCL PREM QUALITY VALVE COVER GSKT
USE w/BOLT PREP GRA2
USE w/INST AID RED3, BLU4, YEL5

Stretch Head Bolt Set ES72131 89-95 2
USE w/BOLT PREP GRA2

Can anyone give me a link to a set of gaskets for my 89 SC from Fel-Pro, or any other known good gasket company please? Are there any kits that come with the head bolts and stuff? If not how many do I need? Thanks for any help

Back