PDA

View Full Version : 5.0L Good or Bad

Gregssc
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Hello everyone, I was wondering....I'm having so many problems with my SC motor, with all the money I spent on fixing the car I could have had a re-built motor by now, but here's the question, I know a guy that rebuilds mustang motors and he said he could do one for me, is that a good idea? or not, what are the diffrences, is a 5.0L faster and more dependable? remember these are the real 5.0's from 85 to 93 engines. tell me what you think!!!!!

Hock
08-29-2004, 12:53 PM
This is just my opinion, so I could be wrong.

Me, stick with the 3.8.

BUT, if you are determined to get a V8, I would go with no less than a 351 Windsor. They are definitly more suited for our big, heavy cars. 5.0L are more suited for lighter cars that don't required the bottom end power to get moving. Thats one reason the 5.0 birds are so much slower than an SC. But really I would go 351w all the way.

XR7 Dave
08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone, I was wondering....I'm having so many problems with my SC motor, with all the money I spent on fixing the car I could have had a re-built motor by now, but here's the question, I know a guy that rebuilds mustang motors and he said he could do one for me, is that a good idea? or not, what are the diffrences, is a 5.0L faster and more dependable? remember these are the real 5.0's from 85 to 93 engines. tell me what you think!!!!!

5.0 will cost just as much as the 3.8. However, if you want to do it, you need to use a 5.0 Tbird as the donor motor. Do NOT let someone talk you into using a Mustang motor. You will live to reqret the decision.