Studdering From rear

ThunderCoupe94

When i take off from a light at a slower speed (Normal Driving) It starts shaking from the rear wheels & feels like crap. What could this be & how do i get it to stop its annoying the heck outta me. I am lowered & Have 17" Cobras BTW. I dunno what the heck it is tho. Please help me out.

Jay

Put it up on jack stands (the rear of the car) and have someone shift from park to reverse and back and the same with drive. You watch the differential...if there's any movement, that is what is causing it. You may not be able to move it with your hands, but if the bushings or mount is worn, you'll need to replace those. I just did a couple weeks ago on my '92...Not a hard job at all. Not even really too time consuming. My gut feeling though is that your front diff bushings are worn bad, and your rear mount might need replacing too. My front bushings were not bad at all when I replaced them, but when I got them off, the "washer" that is part of the bushings was eliptical instead of circular...so I was getting a lot of movement. Not any more... Just a thought

Back