Bolt circle change rear rotors question.

ricardoa1

Working on the rears
I just redrilled the rear rotors of my 94 to match the 99 cobra hubs.
I was going to use the same caliper and rotor. I just wanted the bolt circle change. Anyways the rotor center bore is smaller on the rotor than the hub itself. What rotor do I use to ma this work can I use a stock non Cobra rotor on the car? Will it fit?

I don't think there is an off-the-shelf rotor for what you're trying to do. Usually, when people are doing a bolt pattern conversion, without a brake upgrade at the same time, they have been redrilling their stock MN-12 hubs, rather than going for the Cobra hubs. If you want to use the Cobra hubs, I would say that your only option is to have the centre holes off the Bird rotors machined larger.

cheers,
Ed N.

fast Ed N said:
I don't think there is an off-the-shelf rotor for what you're trying to do. Usually, when people are doing a bolt pattern conversion, without a brake upgrade at the same time, they have been redrilling their stock MN-12 hubs, rather than going for the Cobra hubs. If you want to use the Cobra hubs, I would say that your only option is to have the centre holes off the Bird rotors machined larger.

cheers,
Ed N.

Thanks Ed.
I am planning on getting bigger brakes later but I guess I have no choice but to use the cobra rotors and get the bracket.
BTW Do you have some laying around to sell

That's the other way to go ... I was going to suggest, but didn't want to sound like I was trying to push a set of the relocation brackets on you. ;)

I have some more getting made up now, they should be ready in less than 2 weeks hopefully. Only 2 pairs are spoken for so far, from this batch of 6 pairs, so please send me a p.m. or e-mail if you would like to get in on this batch.

cheers,
Ed N.

Back