Flowmaster Exhaust?

The Flowmaster Force 2 is a pretty nice system for the money when used on a stock or mildly modified SC. Has a little bit more of a nice exhaust tone over stock and is easily installed yourself, because the 2" resonator front pipes will slide over the stock downpipes once you cut the old system off. The downside for modified motors is the 2.1/2" center pipe, plus the fact that the rear mufflers are special to the kit (side entry); so you can't just buy replacements - you have to buy the whole rear kit. I think I paid about $400 for the kit and front resonator at Summit, last time I got one. You can also look at these kits on the SCP site, plus some alternates.

I installed MagnaFlow catalytic converters, Flowmaster resonator as well as Flowmaster Mufflers. When i turn on the car and its cold, it has a slight rumble to it (about 1500 RPM) and when it reaches idle, its pretty quiet. Compared to the stock setup, i can hear the exhaust rumble increase as BOOST increases. My friends like the sound, I want to have a friend drive it and me be in another car to hear how it sounds, but overall i am happy with my exhaust setup... :)

I have flowfasters. you have to like their style. the negatives are a drone (some may like) and the fact that they are prone to RUST (big time). I would save your $$ and buy BORLA'S (if you have friends or connections get 2 borls XS mufflers, and have them install them on your car. but do something about the resonator because it is the most restrictive thing on our cars (even moreso then the cats.) Dynomax/magnaflow make good products. I have mustang headers on mine with no cats or rez and flowmasters on the end. YOU NEED A RESONATOR!!! it is WAY to loud and sounds alittle tinny w/o a res. You could get something glass packed to go in place of the res, but my exhaust has a flowmaster y and a reducer so it istricky getting one to fit in there...

Good luck. if you have the time, knowledge, and place, I recommend going with something custom, and it will actally sound nicer with better results, but if you wanted to do that by a shop, it will cost ALOT more... if you take a look at the charts of mufflers (I think there is one regarding them on a 5.0) it has ALL the dyno results AND db ratings. Borla XS had the most HP and TQ gain and were one of the quietest. You may not wish to have quiet exhaust, BUT, if you change thecats and rez you will get a mellow tone with crazy grow like you have a sleeper ("like" you have a sleeper - hahaha sorry)

good luck with your decisions..

Bacondoggy said:
I have flowfasters. you have to like their style. the negatives are a drone (some may like) and the fact that they are prone to RUST (big time).

Flowmaster produces Stainless Steel mufflers as well as the normal aluminized steel mufflers.

Back