Parts

Geevaaa9112

Just bought my 1993 SuperCoupe, Im goin to be working on the car until spring, then putting it on the road. Wondering what the best air intake i can get for it? Also, wondering what type of exhaust system sounds the best with this car? Is there a tranny shift kit, for this AOD transmission? Additionally, i need front end work, outer tie rod ends, should i might as well get a rack and pinion also to make it easier later on? Any response is helpful

Last edited:
Air intakes vary much by price and appearance, but not much on perpormance...You can get a home made job which won't look as nice, but will perform just as well as yourt high dollar ones.

Your exhaust is as much opinion as anything else. It totally depends on what you like. Search the forums for different set-ups. It has been discussed countless times.

There are a number of shift kits available for the AOD. Trans-Go makes one (I have that one) which is okay. I thinkoB&M makes one too. I'm sure there are more, but who, I'm not sure. Your best bet is to just replace the valve body with a lentech valve body. This gives you much more flexibility over a standard shift kit. And if money doesn't matter, go with a lentech tranny...Well worth the money...

The front suspension you will find needs work. I'm sure that most if not all the bushings are shot. Ball joints, upper (replaced as the upper control arm) and lower, may need to be replaced and the hub and bearing assemblies may need to be replaced as well. I'm doing mine all at once, so I know what it's like. It's a lot of work, but it will last you quite some time. If you are doing the work yourself you can save quite a bit on labor. You will need some big tools though. If you're paying someone to do it, get ready to open up that check book as it is time consuming.

Ya, thank you for your opinion. I just picked up a new rack & pinion, outer tie rod ends, wheel bearings, rotors and brake pads. Doing all the work at my buddys garage so labor aint ****. also, What material can i use to make an intake? Can't wait till this project is done, so i can go take v8's of the road.

Geevaaa9112 said:
Ya, thank you for your opinion. I just picked up a new rack & pinion, outer tie rod ends, wheel bearings, rotors and brake pads. Doing all the work at my buddys garage so labor aint ****. also, What material can i use to make an intake? Can't wait till this project is done, so i can go take v8's of the road.

Quick search for homemade intake....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43720&highlight=homemade+intake

May go this route myself.

Back