squealing whistling from belts

darkstar_one

hey, well i dont know what it is but when the car is warmed up, and its on idle while in gear i can hear like a whistling, faint squealing noise, it sounds like the car is trying to whistle but barely. I read that the alternator pulley can do this if it is cold or something like that. It sounds like its coming from the ALTERNATOR pulley, well another think i should mention my kelly springfield belt does have some lil spots missing, cant this be the culprit? or does the pulley nee some regreasing?

darkstar_one said:
hey, well i dont know what it is but when the car is warmed up, and its on idle while in gear i can hear like a whistling, faint squealing noise, it sounds like the car is trying to whistle but barely. I read that the alternator pulley can do this if it is cold or something like that. It sounds like its coming from the ALTERNATOR pulley, well another think i should mention my kelly springfield belt does have some lil spots missing, cant this be the culprit? or does the pulley nee some regreasing?

I had this problem before 3 new pulleys and now after. The belt looks in great shape, but if I (or Rick) can't fix it I'll just buy new belts until it goes away. There's got to be something wrong with one of the belts that I missed since I'm assuming the noise is the belt rubbing on the pulley wrong.

Back