5.0 in SC a few pics.

SCCoupe50

Well, i dont believe that it fit in there so well, but its in there. I still have a lot of stuff to do, but its all bolted in and with very little effort i might add. Oh, and those valve covers are just there to keep the dust out, i plan on replacing them with ones that actually fit.

tf1.jpg

tf2.jpg

tf3.jpg

tf4.jpg

LOL! I never gave it a thought until i found the hood didnt shut. I dont know. Maybe i'll redneck it (i am one ) around for a while without the hood?

Looks nice....I wanted to use a similar intake on the 347 we put in my 93 SC but it wouldn't fit under the stock hood so I ended up going with a Victor Jr carb intake modded for EFI and then made a custom upper plenum.

Since I'm turbocharging it, I didn't really need the long runners, but it runs like crap without the turbo. I still need to install a few more things to get it ready for the turbo, but the tough part is done. Here's a few pics.

347%20turbo%20062904%20002.jpg

motor&trans.jpg

347newmotor.jpg

David

Last edited:
Dave,
I am getting excited to hear about your first experiences with the completed(TSCPC)"TurboSupercoupeProjectCar?" and I keep hearing in my head that "ho ho ho" ala Home Improvement! :D
Tom

WOW!! Sweet job Dave. Looks like it fits like a glove. Do you have any numbers with it yet? What size turbo are you planning on? Im going to MIR tonight to see a 347 mustang with a 106mm turbo run again. I seen him at Mason Dixon last Saturday running the 1/8th mile in 4.44 at 143MPH. Freaking crazy! Its cars like that, that sell me on a turbo, but I may just end up goin with an S-trim. Either will easily max out the stock block anyway. Again, beautiful job on your car.

No numbers yet, it's getting a T76 and HP is building and installing the kit at their place in New Mexico. Should be taking the car there in early October...just waiting on them to get caught up on their custom installs.

David

Back