help miss fire

RedSCSpeedster

i have a 90 sc that hase a miss fire when it gets to op temp, have just put plugs and wires on to try to fix the prob, but no change, when it cool it dons no do it, some time the tec will drop to 0 and the eng will buck and jurk, is this a cam sensor or more then one prob? i have 40 ponds of fule psi at all times, also not sure if it is a injetor prob?
help thanks paul

Could be a number of things...The cam sensor, dis module and possibly the crank sensor... The bucking and jerking makes it sound like the DIS, but don't be surprised if you end up replacing all 3...They are all connected together...

I have had my 90 since it was new and have experienced your symtoms at two different times during the life of the car. Both times it was the DIS module. The DIS module is susceptible to heat, that is why it is mounted on the accessory bracket with heat sink compound underneath to dissipate the heat it makes. You could try cleaning the module and mounting surface and renewing the heat sink compound. That may work, but I really think the DIS module has failed and sooner or later will get worse and your car will become all but undriveable. The module is pricey so try to find/borrow a known good one to try to see if it solves your problem. John

Back