air intake question

89thndrcat

hey guys, i have a question about an after market air intake, where can i find one? i have an 89 cougar, stock 3.8, i cant find anything for this car.

Where's Barnhart at? Location-wise...If you're in the NW part of MO, then we may be able to help you out. I think that a custom made piece is going to be about your only option. I don't know for sure as there may be other manufacturer's out there that do make them, but a quick search couldn't locate any.

Pretty much a 1-1/2 mandrel bent pipe is going to be your best option as far as intake goes. If I remember correctly, there will be 1 90* bend just before the TB, but other than that, I think that it's a pretty straight shot from there to the air box. Now, if you're looking for a better air box, I'm sure that Bill will help you out there from supercoupeperformance.com. I haven't seen the high flow conical air boxes for sale individually, but I haven't asked yet if I can get one either...And then of course, you can get some Home Depot special for inside the bumper cover to get cold air from infront of the car.

Let me know where you are located at, and I'll see if some of the guys around here can help...

I believe K&N does a kit for the n/a 3.8, which includes the filter & heat shield.

3.8naintake.jpg

FCI released the 3.8 n/a kit some time ago and it is available through BTM. Email us for more information.

Paul

Back