PDA

View Full Version : pissing antifreeze

Spydersc
09-02-2004, 05:05 PM
My Sc is pissing out antifreeze on the passenger side of the motor right under to middle spark plug. Any idea where this is coming from?

SpyderSC

mfewtrail
09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Headgasket/cracked head? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment that is right in that area(unless it's dripping down from above there)..but I haven't seen an SC motor in quite a while so don't condemn the head/headgasket just yet. Check out your oil and your coolant to see if they have mixed.

Salty
09-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Check heater hoses or the hose that goes to the throttle body, they are in that vicinity.

kwikcoupe
09-02-2004, 09:14 PM
where are the freeze pugs on the sc engine? Maybe one ruptured?

darkstar_one
09-02-2004, 09:34 PM
freeze plugs are these round copper/metal circles on ever side of an engine, located always by the cylinders, if either ur engines coolant freezes in any case, the freeze plugs pop out to allow the ice to expand, therefore preventing a cracked or fractured block, pretty good lil safety stuff... i think they will also shoot out if ur engines temp becomes superly overheated, water will shoot out like jet not 100 percent sure on the overheat issue though.

i think its ur engines heater hose, by the oil filler cap.

jamesgangel
09-03-2004, 08:16 AM
I did the spark plugs on mine and took out this sensor to help not cut up my hands.. :) But forgot to install it back in tight and leaked coolant right in that area..

Maybe this is your problem..

littleboylan
09-03-2004, 05:19 PM
I had this problem for quit some time now, and after about a year of bars leaks and constantly filling the overflow, I found the leak, it was right behind the dis, like tucked under somewires there, one of the clamps broke on me and would start to leak when the system pressurized, check that, also mine was leaking in the same spot as your describing, might help you Mike

GREATWHITE666
09-04-2004, 12:30 AM
i had a leak too, but it would only happen when the car was on and stuff was pressurized. i twas dripping out from directly underneath the block, i was scared. i tried to follow the leak back up to find out where it was coming from and it stopped atthe block somewhere,, turns out it was a hose on TOP of the engine and had a PIN size hole, and i never saw the leaking up there because when i checked up there the antifreeze that had sprayed on the block quickly evaporated because it was so hot. so i only saw the antifreeze that made it past there underneath the block. it could be something easy like that. check for the leak with the car on, thats how i found mine-- good luck
Damon

Spydersc
09-04-2004, 01:50 AM
First off thank you for all the insight. The car isn't running when this happens. All I do is pour water into the radiator and it just streams right out in an uninterrupted but constant stream of antifreeze from right underneath the middle spark plug on the passenger side of the engine. It's not just dribbling down the side of the block it's a constant stream of antifreeze that is smaller than a pencil. Like I said it is as if the antifreeze is pissing out. If it is a leak in the head gasket it would have to be a perfect hole to leak like this. I suppose it could be a sensor of some kind but I don't know what kind of sensor would be in that particular area. When this leak started I was driving my car on an 80 degree day in early summer. So it wasn't because the antifreeze froze.

littleboylan
09-04-2004, 07:13 AM
When your filling it up and it leaks, were are you pouring in the antifreeze at?. I know it may seem obvious but you might want to take your overflow out and check the bottom of it to make sure it aint cracked or something, you also might want to double check all your hoses and stuff, just trying to help you, Mike

Spydersc
09-04-2004, 05:21 PM
I did take the overflow out and I'm pouring it in the radiator. I will have to see if there is a hose there but I can't imagine what kind of fitting would be located just below the passenger side middle spark plug.

Thanks
Spydersc