Stupid Stock Stereo

1QuikV6

Ok I have NO idea why my stock deck in my 89 SC wont work. Im assuming its the premium sound since it has a CD player. It will turn on and lock a station but no sound comes out at all... and the CD part wont work at all... any ideas? I know the stereo is a dumb problem but i like the stocker and cant drive without my tunes!!! :) Any help is appreciated :D

~B

1QuikV6 said:
Ok I have NO idea why my stock deck in my 89 SC wont work. Im assuming its the premium sound since it has a CD player. It will turn on and lock a station but no sound comes out at all... and the CD part wont work at all... any ideas? I know the stereo is a dumb problem but i like the stocker and cant drive without my tunes!!! :) Any help is appreciated :D

~B

Either something's unplugged or it needs a new main control. This happened to mine because of a power surge.

1QuikV6 said:
main control??? wheres that at???

well some people call the amplifier the main control......but i sounds to me like your factory amplifier is bad....do you know if you have 1 or 2 amps that run your factory system?? they are located in the trunk on the shelf below the rear deck :cool:

1QuikV6 said:
I know the stereo is a dumb problem but i like the stocker and cant drive without my tunes!!! :) Any help is appreciated :D

~B
Before you throw it out, make sure all your fittings are connected.When you are sure they are ,and you are still having problems,contact Paul (TwoTimeSC)polyscroll@hotmail.com...He rebuilds these things like brand new:He does excellent work,and the price is good also.It beats buying a new deck if all your peices are together... Good Luck!

Thomas

What is described is one of many very common problems with these systems. One quick check is to see if the CD Player will suck in a disk with the radio powered on. If it won't, then the CD Player is the culprit. The way the system is designed, when the radio is turned on it sends a "power-up" signal to the CD Player then the CD Player powers-up and completes the audio loop-back circuit back to the radio. The CD Players have little switching power supply modules in them that fail prematurely due to poor components used by Sony (Ford's OEM) So when the CD fails to power-up, you won't get any audio signals sent to the amp....even from the radio.

The Premium and/or JBL amps RARELY ever go bad in these care. It is just the Radios and CD Players but like Thomas said, they can be fixed.

When working properly, these Factory systems sound quite good and I have yet to find any aftermarket units that look "right" installed in our cars.

TwoTimeSC

The radio LCD display will come on even if the fuse for the radio, CD player, and power antenna motor is blown. Check the light blue 15A fuse #5 in the fuse box near the brake pedal. To be sure it makes good contact, slightly twist the two blades of the fuse and then insert it. Then check it again to see if it has blown.

J.D. said:
The radio LCD display will come on even if the fuse for the radio, CD player, and power antenna motor is blown. Check the light blue 15A fuse #5 in the fuse box near the brake pedal. To be sure it makes good contact, slightly twist the two blades of the fuse and then insert it. Then check it again to see if it has blown.

In my deck all the buttons decintigrated. There on a thin piece of plactic behind the face plate. With a razor blade i cut the bad ones out and replaced them with good ones(buttons i didnt use) until i got a new deck.

CD player was an option in 89?

1QuikV6 said:
So is there a way for me to bypass the CD deck? I really want my sound back, lol

You can put a jumper cable into the back of the radio to work around the CD,bring that car over here to my place and I'll take a look at it..I have a couple of oem CD players and stereos...you can also talk to Paul at polyscroll@hotmail.com....he rebuilds the oem units and does great work.
z

when is good for you Z? Id like to take you up on the offer.

Yes, CD player was an option in 89 with the premium sound :) i know..i couldnt believe it either.

1QuikV6 said:
when is good for you Z? Id like to take you up on the offer.

Yes, CD player was an option in 89 with the premium sound :) i know..i couldnt believe it either.

Check your PM......

Back