Dissconnected elec. connector behind intake next to FPR...

sizemoremk

1990 Automaic...

There is a gray and red connector behind the intake right next to the FPR that isn't connected to anything, is this suppose to be connected to anything???

That might be your fuel injector ground wire.

Connects to the back of the drivers side head. I know only 89 and 90 have that ground the others 91 thru 95 were tapped into the main ground.

..my 90 and my friends 90 have the same connection-both autos-ours doesn't hook to anything either....was told that it was for the egr which wasn't on the 90 auto.??????
z

Hmmm well I have EGR on my 89 auto and it is on the passenger side

Hey are you from canada I heard that many times about no Egr on you SCs anyway the fuel injector ground is right under the FPR ... Who knows maybe your set up is different...

stocker 89 said:
Hey are you from canada I heard that many times about no Egr on you SCs anyway the fuel injector ground is right under the FPR ... Who knows maybe your set up is different...

He's from Alabama..I'm from Va...the 90 auto didn't have egr on them.....one less PITA to deal with.

If it looks like the connector circled in red in the picture, it is for the egr we don't use. The yellow circle shows where the egr would bolt up.

Hope this helps
Take Care
Denny

Attachments

• rear sectional.JPG
    rear sectional.JPG
    383.9 KB · Views: 171
To make a long story short. I found a brand new 1990 crate motor on E-Bay in Oct 2003. It was complete including blower, sensors, wire looms,etc. Complete right down to spark plugs and oil filter. I installed into my 90 in May 2004. A gentleman up in northern California bought it for a spare when he bought his car new in 90. He didn't need it so he sold it. I took a lot of high res pictures before I installed it.

Later
Denny

Back