New toy, unbelievable price.

cary Jackson

SCCoA Member
I've been seeing this cougar parked in a muffler and brake shop lot for months. Last week just out of curiosity I stopped by and asked why it sits there. The guy say's it's got a problem with the brakes. They replaced the entire system from a donor car which was totalled, but still no power assist. The owner of the car no longer wanted it. He gave it to me for $250.00! A couple of rust holes, but all there. Automatic 110,000 miles, bone stock down to the air silencer! One of those deals you only hear about; and oh yeah, the air works.

Attachments

• newcat 001.jpg
    newcat 001.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 196
  • newcat 002.jpg
    newcat 002.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 108
That was over in cal city wasn't it? I intendid on grabbin that when I heard about it 3 weeks ago, but I was too late. Lemme know what happens with it, as far as the braking system. Probably something stupid that only an sc nut would know about. Kudos on the new cat.

theres a blue SC sittin over at an adult store for over a year that ive been curious about....maybe I should go ask about that...though other things there might get me curious

check the relays and the pressure switch. i had a pressure switch go out on me in richmond va. I had to drive all the way back to michigan w/ no power brakes. you gotta throw it in Nuetral and stand on the pedal. Had to swerve into the shoulder a few times in D.C. during rush hour. I bought the part online for a buick, same part, cheaper price. Got it for around $85.00 might be worth looking into to. Great deal. I like XR-7's but haven't found one here when I have been in the market for a car. But I do have 3 SC's.

Hey how you doin Scott. Goin to the shootout?

Might be able to get there with my bird, but it's right after I come back from vegas. Timing may be a little tight.

I'm gonna try to make the shootout. I'm looking for work right now so we'll have to see about the shootout. Any job I get is being told about my "family reunion" at the end of this month.

You think thats good, check this too

Ha ha... check this out... From wind of a friend i found a 19 year old kid who knew nothing about this Cougar that he had :rolleyes: ...
((( "90 black on grey cloth, 5SPEED! ))))
He let his friend take it for a drive and came back with a rod knock...(small man inside block with really big hammer :D ) and he had it just sitting. so anyways i got wind of it... go and look at it... and to my complete and utter disbelief, it was in IMMACULATE CONDITION now i imagine he paid quite a pretty penny for this car, being in its condition... but me hHhAAAA.. i got it for a mear $300 bucks :eek: ... this is my new toy

figure id just share my recent cheap fun machine :cool:

jOe

Back