Headliner removal

Bleed_Ford_Blue

I am attempting to put an overhead console in my car, but to do it correctly I need to get the headliner out. Anybody know how to do this without destroying it?

Bleed_Ford_Blue said:
I am attempting to put an overhead console in my car, but to do it correctly I need to get the headliner out. Anybody know how to do this without destroying it?

Take off the side trim from above the doors, remove the sun visors (phillips head screw driver), remove the dome light and pull gently. It will pretty much fall down as you remove the screws. Ya might want to have a friend help you hold it up as your taking the screws off. But that's about it.

I don't think I missed anything but if I did, people, let me know.

Have fun,
Metalman

Hopefully you don't have a factory moonroof because then the headliner is glued around the moonroof opening, along the windshield area, the sides, and the rear window.

J.D. said:
Hopefully you don't have a factory moonroof because then the headliner is glued around the moonroof opening, along the windshield area, the sides, and the rear window.
No moonroof, so it is just screwed up then? Wooo, I thought there was glue involved.
Dan

I think the glue was on the older models only. I just noticed that you have a 95, so I'm assuming that you will be O.K. There may be a few push pins holding it up after you remove the sun visors and side trim.

J.D. said:
I think the glue was on the older models only. I just noticed that you have a 95, so I'm assuming that you will be O.K. There may be a few push pins holding it up after you remove the sun visors and side trim.
thanks for the info

Back