valve covers

ARV90SC

what are they made of?
is there anyone who makes aftermarket ones, or are they interchangable with any other car, im thinking maybe a 3.8L stang?
wanted to dress them up alil

i own a compostie shop and am currently in the process of makin molds to produce real carbon fiber valve covers. they will be available in tradional black, black and blue weave, black and yellow weave, black and green weave, black and red weave and black and silver weave. they will have a gel coat on the exterior and the interior will be teflon sprayed for oil control. A .075 7075 t-6 flange will be incoporated between the layers on lip to reduce the chances of crushing the lip when tightening them down. they will be available with tradional oil fill and pcv ports or with AN fittings for those who want to run a vacuum pump. Price has yet to be determined, but the mind frame is to make them accesable to everyone. Like i said im still trying to gauge how much demad there is for them as im makin mold for the 2.3 tc's, 5.0's, 4.6's, and SC's. The bad part is that ive got alot of response and orders from the ricers and chevy guys, yuck, but im gonna do what ive gotta do to make money, lol. Let me know what u guys think and if i get enough orders, ill makem up and u guys will be extremely happy and have somethin no one else is currently offering!!!!

That is a GREAT idea. Any idea on cost? Best bet would be to make up one prototype and post some pictures. You know how people get all excited when they have pictures. I am certain that many would buy them if they were available and cost effective.

Most stock SC covers are made from Magnesium and the 93's were made from stamped steel. Magnesium does not polish well and loses it's shine quickly. The castings are very rough so they don't chrome nicely either. Several members have chromed the 93 stamped steel covers.

BBK makes a nice cast aluminum cover, but unfortunately they did not consider the SC when they did them so they only fit the NA V6's.

the cost would be dependant on the material ie: if u wanted all black or color, if uwanted metal flake or pearl in the gel coat, things like that. i would say a good estimate would be about $200 to $300 for a standard color, stock style valve cover. they will weight less and be stronger than an aluminum or magnesium due to the carbon griphite construction and kevlar fabric in the layers. plus ill be able to customize them such as tall stlye covers and solid gel coat colors to match paint jobs. Besides the valve cover, i have the ability to make pretty much anything that is desired. Ive already produced rear end covers, misc. trim pieces, and gauge pods. Another thing is that im goin to be gettin some acrylic sheeting to start R&D on acrylic parts like trim, valve covers and diff covers. there is a world of options and i just need to know what people want and ill be able to start quoting prices and production of the parts. ill have some pics available soon as at the moment i dont have a digital camera. stay tuned, im about to bring things to life that havent been seen before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, im really suprised that there hasnt been more intrest that this about the valve covers! I guess the dressy for looks thing must only be big with the ricers, lol. ill have to have a bit more enthusiasm before i sink the 3 grand into making the molds.

zerocool420 said:
WOW, im really suprised that there hasnt been more intrest that this about the valve covers! I guess the dressy for looks thing must only be big with the ricers, lol. ill have to have a bit more enthusiasm before i sink the 3 grand into making the molds.

Okay, first off, you highjacked this thread...It's not about you making and selling your valve covers...It was first about if anyone made aftermarket valve covers at all...

And second, this post hasn't even been up for 24 hours on a HOLIDAY weekend...Give it some time. You will get a hundred people telling you that they'll send you money for a set unseen...The only question then is how many of them will follow through and purchase them.

I personally think it's a great idea and great to have someone in the club to do this. Will I buy a set? Not right now, as the timing doesn't work well with my budget at the moment. I've got more important things to get for my SC than look good parts right now.

I suggest that you write up your own post on the non-tech forum for interest in the developement of these parts you are suggesting. Then let it ride for a couple weeks...I'm sure that you will have so much interest you won't know what to do with it all...

zerocool420 said:
I hope your not basing the demand on the number of responses during 1 day of a holiday weekend. The weekends are slow around here.

I agree that a prototype set would be beneficial to gains sales, but I can completely understand how that might not be cost effective for you (or anyone else making aftermarket parts for these cars).

First off, i didnt hijack anyones thread, another member asked if anyone made valve cover and that i do. Second, im not basing any demand off of a one day post especially on a holiday weekend. Considering that 71 people have looked at this thread, i just figured there would be more than 3 post. When i offered these valve covers on the turboford site, i was swamped. If u guys want to deal with ur mag and cast covers, be my guest. Im just tryin to be helpful as im as much as an enthusiest as any car nut and i do what i can to help people make their cars as unique as possible. its really no big deal to me weather i make these for anyone else besides my self, cause like i said, im the one who has to put the money into the r&d and mold development. Since ive bought 2 SC's in the past 2weeks and am new to this site, i was just tryin to hang ideas out there to help people with what they cant do themselves.

Most of those views were probably from unregistered users and cannot respond to your post. Like some have said give it a week or 2 I'm sure nobodys in a rush. If they were around $200.00 I would buy a set of black w/ blue weave or just some chrome ones. Post something in the Group Buy forum and you should see a better response. And I'm not the I'll buy, I'll buy, then doesn't type.

If price falls into the range posted above, I'd be in for at least one pair in tradition black weave. Even if your handywork is mostly covered by the plumbing, enough would show through to be point of interest when others look under your hood. Plus, these cover should never warp. I hope that this is one proposed item that actually gets to production.

Well i appreciate ur enthusasim and i will be doing what i can to make it happen. i will do eveything in my power to make sure that the prices are within reasonable ranges and the the craftmenship is at its best.

Back