any harm in running the car without the proper chip?

8ate8

i'm awaiting a reburn on my chip, but i'm getting very anxious to fire this puppy up and hear it. i was getting it reburned for 90mm maf and 42lb injectors, but is there any harm in running it without the chip that i sent out?

Mine wouldn't run for **** when I went to #42s, but I had a mess of other new mods as well.

It just ran rich, idled like crap, and was boggy. I drove it to the dyno shop (60 plus miles) with no chip and didn't break anything.

well i got a crap load of other stuff, too, mp blower, inlet plenum, raised top, 85mm tb, 10% pulley, 3.5" intake with 9" k&n... as well as the 42s and 90mm maf.

i just wanted to make sure it would be all right. i won't be driving it, just want to hear it fire up.. the chip is coming this week.. i'm just getting real anxious :)

fired it up... didn't idle, and stalled. fired it back up, ran real rich. smoke coming out the back.. turned it off.. had it running for about 10 seconds and then just shut it down.. i'll just wait for the chip :)

Yup, sounds about right.

I also had all the mods. Dr Fred motor & Big valve Heads, cam, 42# injectors, 75mm TB, 76mm MAF, FMIC, Headers, Magnaport SC, OD pulley, You name it.

The EEC seemed to "Learn" a bit the more I ran it. After about 20 minutes run time, it would sort of hold a very lopey idle.

Idles sweet now, but only pulls 3-5 pounds vacuum at idle.

Back