Door Ajar light!

bbird94

Hey guys,

The door ajar light has been on in my car for sometime. No, the simple solution of a door being stuck isn't the problem! Though could a loose driver side door cause this to kick on and not turn off? When I lift my driver side door up vertically, I can move it about 4 in". Time for a new hinge set! Or is it just a adjustment in the button that tells the rest of the car that, that door is shut?

Any similar problems with anyone, any ideas? Any input is much appreciated, I am trying to get the car buttoned up to get it ready for a local car show!

See Ya,
Brandon

The door ajar switch is used to operate the motorized seatbelt. Does the seatbelt work even though the door ajar light remains on? I don't see how that is possible. If you suspect that the door is not closing properly and want to verify that the switch itself works, do the following:-
1) Open the door.
2) Turn on the ignition (no need to run the engine). The door ajar light will come on.
3) Look at the part of the door lock that, when closed, latches onto the strike plate on the B-pillar.
4) Push a finger against this latching part in the door lock until the two "teeth" rotate out (one from above and one from below).
5) Now push on the upper tooth so that it rotates as far down as possible.
6) The door ajar light should now be off if it and the switch are operating correctly.

Back