SC part unnamed!

Bigme574

Yes, there is a part on our cars without a name, atleast unknown to 'sccoaers'. I have been searching for a "black gauge cluster surround" for my SC. Now everyone seems to reply with the bezel that surrounds the headlight switch. Is it possible that someone knows the name of this part? It it grey on 89-90 SC's and black on 91+ SC's. It can be separated from the cluster easily when the plastic cover is off the gauge cluster. YES this is technical, because it needs careful investigation pertaining to a relatively easy part on our cars. SO if anyone has one (black in color) I would love to buy one.

Thanks!
Aaron
asheets1@umbc.edu

I beleive the 35th came in black. At least when I bought a cluster from one last year it was black vs grey. Sold with my car though. Anyway look for a 35th parts car and you will find a black mask

Parts listing shows the same bezel for 89 - 95 for a mechanical cluster with tachometer.

cheers,
Ed N.

fast Ed N said:
Parts listing shows the same bezel for 89 - 95 for a mechanical cluster with tachometer.

cheers,
Ed N.

Actually, the 94-95 is different and won't fit the early dash. The black ones came in the 92-93's. Possibly 91 and maybe the 35ths, but I don't know that for sure.

XR7 Dave said:
Actually, the 94-95 is different and won't fit the early dash. The black ones came in the 92-93's. Possibly 91 and maybe the 35ths, but I don't know that for sure.

Interesting ... I'm guessing you've tried it. Ford listing shows the 89 - 93 number changing up to the 1994 part number. :confused:

cheers,
Ed N.

The contour of the 94 dash bezel is different and if you use an 89 cluster cover in it there will be a gap. If you try to use the 94 in an 89 the bezel will not sit down on it. There is about 1/2" difference. :)

kool

Thanks for the replies, I see it has started some controversy. I had a 91 and it was black, I can paint it but I dont want to tape off all of the light indicators. I am assuming 89-90 excl. 35th were gray, and the 91-93 were black, as well as 94-95, but they may be slightly different. I may try and paint it since I am having so much trouble locating one for under 30+shipping!

Thanks again
Aaron

my car is a 1990 and its black ,mine had been broken when someone stole radio i went to junk yard and got one off lx but while i was looking for mine i saw a couple of differnt styles that would work it had extra switches for fog lights

Back