How hard would it be to do this ????

SuperCoupe007

OK. I got a 90 LX 3.8L, and i think the engine blew the HG. I can get an SC engine of a 90, can i drop the SC engine in the LX and what needs to be done ??? or am i diging myself a grave thats way too deep in trouble ????
Thanks guys......

Jose, it will go in just fine, the question is, are you looking to just use a SC engine for a foundation or are you looking to convert the car to supercharged? If you put it in normally aspirated, be sure to check the compression of the n/a motor, I believe they are different.
I am working on building up an SC based motor for my fiance's 97 lx that will get turboed shortly after installation and break in and the swap is rather straight forward. In fact, I am even considering doing the split port heads and intake conversion to help get n/a efficiency up prior to boosting it.

Paul

Hey Paul,
I want to keep it simple, so i am gonna pass up on the supercharging this time. As u said, i just wanted to use it as a foundation. Keep it N/A. I don't mind if its gonna be slower. The car is my daily driver. I was thinking (if it was possible) to use an SC block heads and everything else; except for the intake manifold and plenum. What do u think paul ????? any opinions or advice is welcomeed...
Thanks...

P.S. Would my N/A Plunum bolt right up to the SC head without any problems, lets say intake runner configurations ??? I hope i got that right.. :p

Last edited:
I was thinking (if it was possible) to use an SC block heads and everything else; except for the intake manifold and plenum.
Sounds like a plan to me, that is what I will be doing (aside from a set of custom titanium connecting rods and some JE Racing pistons). Be sure to use a SC balancer and have the crank pulley balanced. The intake will bolt right up, however, I believe Randy came across a variation that would not. You may want to investigate that further.

Paul

Hey Paul,
I am gonna try and get a set of both heads and manifolds to referrence them, How can i get ahold of Randy ???
Thanks...

Just drop him a PM or put a post up to his attention, he is on the boards under the name Randy and Connie. If you do a search, I believe the thread started by Rich Thomson about an intake manifold he ported has the details.

Paul

The NA manifold will bolt up just fine. The motor will be a slug though with the heavy SC crank in there.

XR7 Dave::: Thanks. I dont' mind if its a bit slow, its my daily driver, besides if its slowr it only means that it can take a beaten and i won't have to worry about it... its SC capable but at LX effort.. hehehhe :)
Thanks....

Back