It won't start!

Renegade Burner

Alright, I know that I'm new to this forum but I need help. I have a '89 Cougar XR7 3.8L Supercharged. I wrecked it a couple of weeks ago and now that I have it back together, it won't start. It will turn over and is gettin' a spark. I checked the fuel cut off switch in the trunk, while I tried to turn it over, there was no power going through the wires. It is possible that the fuel pump is not plugged in or something. If there is a plug for it, where is it and what does the plug look like? Thanks for any info.

Justin

Fule pump relay in trunk the cut-off

There is a fuel pump relay in the same area as the cut-off reset. Check that too.

As I remember it in the EEC test plug there a jump of 2 wires to manually run the fuel pump for a test...maybe someone remembers how to do that.

To run the fuel pump, unplug the fuel pump relay and short pin 3 (pink/black) and pin 4 (black/yellow) in the connector.
The red wire to the inertia switch (fuel cut off switch) gets power from the IRCM (Integrated Relay Control Module which is behind the passenger side headlight) from pin 24 (red wire).

Back