94 5 speed/help

gtx446

have 94 5 speed//cars runs like crap...to get the car to move the supercharger is whining out to 8 to 10 psi of boost.cars sound like its going 100mph but only going 20 mph.changed the cam sensor,plugs wire.ck fuel syatem all is ok..all sensors check out fine.. maf etc. dis and coil pack are good.no vacuum leaks.ic tube taken off and put back on.changed the computer ran great for 20 mins then the computer crapped out.. changed to high flow cats and flowmaster cat back exhaust system with the new exhaust now the car runs worse than it did before.any other ideas on where to look or check.. any info will be deeply appreacited,, thx

What do you mean by the computer crapped out?
Did it start running bad again or did the computer completely fail?
It could be a possible wiring problem.
The previous owner of my car (friend at work) had trouble with the car running really bad in the morning and clearing up once it warmed up.
The problem was a connector on top of the engine (not sure which one) was rubbing and cut into the wire just enough to cause a short when moisture was present (morning dew).
One real quick test would be to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or two to reset the computer. If it runs good then runs crappy after a while then it may be another sensor or wiring problem.

Another sensor to test is the Trottle Position Sensor.
They can develop a dead spot and cause erratic engine performance while accellerating.
Hope any of this helps. It's hard to diagnose a difficult problem via a forum.
Bill

Do you have any check engine light?,If you do pull the codes and see what they are. What is your vaccum at idle?

could me maf related. Yesterday,, my maf fell off with the k&n cone still attached. Boost would kick up and down and the car bucked horribly. Thought it was something far worse untill I popped my hood. Really sounds like an intake based restriction problem. Maybe your lacking fuel and the knock sensor is pulling that much timing? Just some food for thought. This is where all those expensive gauges come in very handy.

Back