Don't race cops!

mn12freak

Long story short...

I had a bad night, drank a few beers (not drunk) went out of town to find my lost wallet. It was about 3 A.M.

Coming back into town I pass a cop under an overpass where there has never been one before. I look at speedometer, I am going well past the 125 it shows.

I never even considered stopping, three reasons:

1. I had a few beers in me
2. No license (lost wallet)
3. 135 mph

Which means, impounding of car, jailtime, very bad marks on driving record, possible license revocation. Possible DUI. Loss of my job.

Anyway I don't advise what I did but I floored it...the thing still had noticeable jump to it. I saw the guy hit his headlights and turn to chase, but he didn't hit the red and blues (probably didn't want to spook me) After about 30 seconds and what seemed like several miles he was nowhere even close to me. I exited the highway and drove down some back streets, on one of them when i put it in second, the rear end broke loose and swung wide, I countersteered but still flew off the road at about 25 mph, (it may have been slightly wet on the roadway) side of my car hit a tree and i ended up walking two miles home. Got the car towed out and now it's got a big smash in the side. Still drives good though.

Moral of story is don't go fast unless you are prepared for consequences.
And 315 pound feet of torque at just over 2000 rpms can be a very bad thing sometimes. Be careful with your chickens!! :(

I think the cop was in a crown vic, it's hard to say at 135 mph.

no youre just dumb , running form the cops is dumb but lets say you got away, once you got away why keep going fast?
we dont have a race track anywhere near my city , so i street race, but whenever the cops gets near i just drive off normally like i was just passing by unlike a fast and furious minded integra that tried to run from the cops , altough his integra was faster than the cops , he wasnt faster than the radios , and ended up totalling his car against a tree.....

while i just drove normally and went to my house.

i had to really run form the cops once , i was racing this stang who by the way beat me , when 2 cruisers get behind us with the reds and blues , but we had radios so we told our frineds to have the garage doors ready we went by diff ways , and meet at one of the guys house , closed the doors of the garage , but that was because we were 3 blocks from his house....

turbospeed said:
no youre just dumb , running form the cops is dumb but lets say you got away, once you got away why keep going fast?
we dont have a race track anywhere near my city , so i street race, but whenever the cops gets near i just drive off normally like i was just passing by unlike a fast and furious minded integra that tried to run from the cops , altough his integra was faster than the cops , he wasnt faster than the radios , and ended up totalling his car against a tree.....

while i just drove normally and went to my house.

i had to really run form the cops once , i was racing this stang who by the way beat me , when 2 cruisers get behind us with the reds and blues , but we had radios so we told our frineds to have the garage doors ready we went by diff ways , and meet at one of the guys house , closed the doors of the garage , but that was because we were 3 blocks from his house....
but i was young and really stupid at the time.

mn12freak said:
Long story short...

I never even considered stopping, three reasons:

1. I had a few beers in me
2. No license (lost wallet)
3. 135 mph

Which means, impounding of car, jailtime, very bad marks on driving record, possible license revocation. Possible DUI. Loss of my job.

Well considering the circumstances I can see why you fled, but i think I would rather have a banged up car than face being caught for #1 or #3. :cool:
Also Turbospeed, you made me laugh when you called dude "dumb" and then admitted running too! :D :D :D

Last edited:
dirtybird91 said:
Well considering the circumstances I can see why you fled, but i think I would rather have a banged up car than face being caught for #1 or #2. :cool:
Also Turbospeed, you made me laugh when you called dude "dumb" and then admitted running too! :D :D :D

I've got one for ya...on the way back from a road trip from AZ to WA, were passing through southern cali at about 2am on a 4 lane highway. Not much traffic except the occasional car or two in the right lane, so we have it at 3900 in 5th (not sure what that is past the 125 speedo). Wasnt too concerned since we averaged 100mph the way to AZ (I love my BEL980). So I've been driving for almost 2 hours and we've only stopped for gas a while back so I'm zoning out a little bit...and as we blur by one of the cars on the far right, I notice it kinda looked like crown vic headlights. About 2 seconds after I think this in my head, BEEEEEEEEEP! Ka band pegs out and I see the car get in my lane. Noooo way im getting thrown in jail while out of town with no way back home! Drop to 4th and floor it...hit 6500 quick and go back to 5th. 30 seconds down the highway I see flashing lights comming down an on ramp, but at the speed im going he became a small dot in the rearview fast. The next thing I definately dont recommend: I turned off my headlights, got on the next exit, went through the exit light and pulled behind a wendy's and sat there for a while shaking. In about 15min time, at least 10 po-po's had flown back and forth that exit street looking for me. My friend danny remembed I still had my oregon plates in my trunk from when I moved across the bridge to vancouver, so we put those on and got back on the road. Definately the scarriest expearience I had in the SC...well, other than hitting a g0ddam/\/ buck at 70, but thats another story... :D

phycobob

I like you man, so I am going to tell my story.....
I bought my 1991SC in 1996 out in Tucson, AZ. I drove 2200 miles home to Virginia after me and my first wife divorced. My twin brother had just finished a three year bid behind bars and it was a new start for both of us. It was not long before we purchased him his very own 1991 5speed SC and we started working at the same job. We were on the way to work one day and we were cruising about 90mph when we passed a cop sitting in the median on Interstate 81. Being that my brother was fresh out of jail he panicked. The next thing I know he hit third gear and 120mph came fast! :eek: He shifted to fourth and traffic was approaching so he hit the fire lane to pass two eighteen wheelers that were side by side. Then he darted to the passing lane and barely missed the trailer of another truck before passing some other cars. Anyway, we topped a hill doing over 130mph and another State Trooper was sitting in the firelane, but he had someone pulled over and was walking back to their car. My brother pushed the clutch in, and we zipped by and the cop never even looked up! LOL! He didn't even hear us! Anyway, we knew the other cop was coming for us, so we jumped off the exit ramp and we were going too fast to completely stop at the bottom. We skidded sideways at the bottom of the ramp and hit a road that was parrellel to the interstate. After a while we saw the cop that was chasing us over on the interstate, and we were right beside him on a road in town. Stupid bastard didn't even see us I don't think! :D We arrived to work and my brother pulled out a cigarette and I told him to give me one too dammet! It was funny because I don't even smoke! :p

you guys are some crazy SOB's :) i don't have the balls to outrun a cop.. that's also probably why i never really go over 80 on the highways.. couple times i hit 100, but only for a second or two :)

Hmmmm.........

8ate8 is right about us. I know I have pushed the package way too much in the past. It terrifies me to think back on some of the stupid $#!^ :cool:

Got a story of my own that id like to share. I was on the howard franklin bridge(I-275) heading to st.pete in my 89 sc cruising about 75. I see this 280zx behind me and catching fast. I was up for a little fun so i downshift and quiclky accelerate to 100. I slow back down and let him get beside me. He looks over at me and downshifts so of course i return with a downshift of my own. Unfortunately his turbo pushes his car just a tad faster then my lead slead so im trying like hell to catch him. He is prob about My front bumber is even with his rear bumber when i shift to fifth. He pulls about half car length on me then has to shift and i pull back up to his bumper. My tach is somewhere around 4500 rpms so im flyin not sure exactly how fast but im guessing around 145-150. He slows down and i fly by him and then let off. Just about the time a let off the gas a look in my mirror and see this trooper cut in behind me about quarter mile back. Evidentally he was going with traffic but i never saw him. I knew that there was no way that i was going to out run his camaro interceptor. I just kept off the gas and didnt bother with hitting my brakes cause in knew that i was screwed. When he caught up to me we were rolling around 110. He got beside me and just stared at me. If looks could kill.... After what seemed like an hour he floors it and goes on his merry way. My heart was pounding so hard i had to pull of the road to catch my breath. I will never forget that. If a cat has nine lives how many does a thunder chicken have??

hahaha!!! Well i know for a fact the the crown vic trooper cars shutoff at 125 so i could outrun one of those easy but i dont think that the camaro's are governed. Would have a tough time outrunning one of them

These stories are almost worth the giant dent in my smashchicken...I am not sure I made it clear earlier, when I smashed the thing I wasn't really running anymore...that's just the way it happened, maybe I needed better tires. (I am having them put on right now...I am in an internet cafe thingy at supercenter walmart) Anyone else got more stories?

Also psychobob...is it me you like? Should I be scared :p

the ol' 89 xr7

Me and my buddy out ran cops plenty of times.end of story. You gotta do what you gotta do. dont be a dumbass though and endanger other people on the road.

Ive done it a time or two... quick story...

Cruisin with a couple of friends ( my 93auto SC, new spyder eclipse and a new SS camaro) on 309N from Quakertown to Allentown, were going bowling. Were all dickin around and quick racin eachother, well i have a owner of a n/a 3.8 my car so i say **** it and mash the gas take off and im not followed. Stupid me, im weaving through traffic and such fly upwards of 120 and as i start to slow down i think tomyself, if somebody saw me, im ****ed so i kept flying and pulled hard into the bowling lane parking lot and shut the car off.
A friend of mine was waiting with "Did you get pulled over?" I say "no, why?"
Well my buddy in the eclips called him and said that i had gone through a speed trap and the camaro and eclipse were passed by 3 cops with their lights on...
Outrunning the cops without knowing it :cool:

jOe

dont gimme any **** about racing cuase i have lost my license from other things and it was stupid, fun, but stupid none the less

There were a few other times I've run too...

Some in other cars (1995 Grand Am GT, 1992 Cavalier) lol, I know...give me crap about it later but I knew my backstreets and got away... I have also passed various law enforcement going the OPPOSITE direction on divided and non divided highways allike in my superchicken doing upwards of 140 MPH and they never did a thing, one time I hit the highway and romped it a bit, was doing about 80 in a 55 and accelerating hard and I passed THREE cops coming the other way and no response...just got lucky a few times I suppose.

I have a neighbor who says that if a cop catches you going over 99 MPH it means an assload of paperwork, but who knows...maybe just hearsay.

Back