Pressure Switch

PilotYFZ

I have finally narrowed my brake problems down to the pressure switch and now i can't find one at any parts store. Do I have to go to the dealer to get it or where can i find one?

Do a forum search on pressure switch part number. There is evidently a GM part which is equivalent and should still be available. Also, Teves II is Teves II.. search around the aftermarket parts suppliers to see whats available.

how exactly do you ground it over to make sure it is the pressure switch and what is the best way to get to it in order to remove it thanks.

If you're sure that the problem is with the pressure switch and not the relay for the pump motor, then either short the pink/light blue wire to ground or short it to the grey wire (which goes to ground). Alternatively, you can short the pink/light blue wire on the pump motor relay connector to ground in order to turn on the pump.

http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/ABS.htm

That link should definately help. It saved my rear....

''''''''This is from an older post of mine'''''''''

"GM Part #25530882 (Pressure Switch)
Paid $75.00 from http://www.buy-gm-parts.com/
Shipping will run $12 - $25 depending on how fast you want it.

Price is now $83.00 and part number not found. Basically click on "OEM Catalog" choose "1988 Buick Reatta" and then in the Brakes" section choose "Anti Lock" then "Pressure Switch". OR just email them the part number direct. They shipped it out in two days to me, just UPS took forever.

Email Keith: parts@crowncadillacolds.com or call Keith at 1-888-337-1094 ext-1127"

Last edited:

i had the same problem yesterday i think, my brakes didnt work like a few weeks ago when i backed up my car, i used my ebrake that day. then i took out my car another day and it didnt happen they worked fine, so i thought nothing of the problem. then yesterday as i was going down my road going to buy some things, i almost went threw a (T) 3 way into traffic, i grabbed my e-nbrake quick and was able to stop, almost didnt in time because my e-brake doesnt work that great.. so now i thought i was screwed then i searched here for "hard brake" seen ppl talk about the brake relay, so i took out my brake relay (brown relay on pass side firewall) and i had junk in it, i cleaned it out with electronics cleaner so it was all clean and no gunk, and then i used electrical grease (spark plug grease) and reinstalled it, turned the key, bang had brakes again, and i went to my friends, my brakes are better than EVER ! i'm tellin you my brakes never worked as good as they do now.. sounds weird but i'm serious, i would be able to slow down ok but pushing on my brake pedal it would get hard ? i just thought SC brake systems sucked.. so i would definetly try that first easy thing to do first.. probably everyone should clean it out anyways...Alex L

Back