What else can it be????

ThunderDave

Ok, I got the injectors put in and got it cranked up. It seemed to run better than before at increased idle, but is still rough at normal idle. I did notice that there seemed to be a rattle present that I hadn't heard before. Sounded like it was coming from one of the cats. If it was broken and or clogged and blocking exhaust flow, would it give me this problem? Vacuum is also low by factory gauge, but does increase some with slight idle increase.

I've checked balancer, compression test, coil pack, DIS, wires, new plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure test, (cleaned, flowed & balanced injectors), new O2 sensor on bank 2.

If the cat was blocking exhaust flow, would that cause a loss in vacuum? If the timing chain somehow was stretched enough for it to jump or slip (I know there is a tensioner, but it's got almost 210,000 miles on it) would it cause the vacuum to be low?

Any help is certainly appreciated and needed very much. I'm pulling the exhaust out to check the cats (by the way, they are Dynomax supercats installed in Feb. of this year) and I'll post what I find out tomorrow. If they are good, where do I go next?

David

Would a bad balancer have this affect on the car. I read a thread from a few years back and they desrcibed the same symptoms I have. It turned out the balancer was his problem.

As I stated above, it has a rough idle with some vibration and low vacuum and as I increase idle to 1500-2000, it smooths out. Does this sound like a balancer problem? I've checked for vacuum leaks and haven't found any.

Can anyone help me out?

David

If the CATs aren't the problem then at this point pull the balancer and check it over. Retarded timing from a bad balancer can cause all kinds of issues, like low vacuum, vibrations, and lack of power especially under boost.

Jerry

Back