Transmission

scfix92

I have the 4r70w in my 94 sc well my question is my overdrive light flashes 3 time in a row and then starts over again well I have nothing but 1st gear a little of 2nd but it is slipping and then reverse should I go with another 4r70w, a rebuild or an aod swap. just curious on your ideas. I also no of a few good shops but I dont think I have enough money for an art carr. unless someone has one they wanna sell

scfix92 said:
I have the 4r70w in my 94 sc well my question is my overdrive light flashes 3 time in a row and then starts over again well I have nothing but 1st gear a little of 2nd but it is slipping and then reverse should I go with another 4r70w, a rebuild or an aod swap. just curious on your ideas. I also no of a few good shops but I dont think I have enough money for an art carr. unless someone has one they wanna sell
The 4r70w is generally a better trans than an AOD(stock). A buddy of mine has a low mileage one to sell out of a 94 SC. He told me he wanted to get $350 out of it but I think that is a bit high.
Alan

Back