T-5 conversion

Darkside

I am wondering if any of you guys have done the T-5 conversion using the kit that MN12 Perf. sells. I'm wondering how smoothly it shifts, and if the kit causes an akward feel. I would rather have a T-5 and am wondering how it works out. BTW, I know stock vs. stock the M5R2 can handle the power better, but T-5's can be made bullet-proof as well. They are also more common. I am also wondering if the wide variety of Mustang shifters can be utilized with the conversion kit. Anybody with any info, please let me know, or if you can refer me to someone who has done it, let me know. Thanks. :)

cant help persay but have a question to add. if you convert your stocker to a t5 than you know have a t5 correct. if a mustang can convert from a t5 to a tremec t56 why cant the same be said about the tbird with the same parts. Is this correct in theory or am i hopping for the impossible

kwikcoupe said:
cant help persay but have a question to add. if you convert your stocker to a t5 than you know have a t5 correct. if a mustang can convert from a t5 to a tremec t56 why cant the same be said about the tbird with the same parts. Is this correct in theory or am i hopping for the impossible
I'm not sure. You would have to ask rich at www.mn12perfomance.com

The biggest concern w/ using a tremec as opposed to a t5 is the shifter mounting bolt pattern. The extension housing Rich sells thru MN12 Perf. is for a T5 shifter, which wont bolt to a tremec. I dont know exactly what it would take to modify this, but i can tell you i am going through the same problem solving process. Ive blown 2 trannys and want a durable one. I am waiting on some diagrams from tremec on sizes/ bolt patterns and i will post any help i can provide in the future.

Back