Get me a 14sec Timeslip!!

quietflow

I have a 89 Supercoupe that I have decided to try my hand at getting in the 14's what mods are going to get me there, and where can I buy these things? The car is BONE STOCK with 50,000 miles on it its an auto :( Thanks

quietflow said:
I have a 89 Supercoupe that I have decided to try my hand at getting in the 14's what mods are going to get me there, and where can I buy these things? The car is BONE STOCK with 50,000 miles on it its an auto :( Thanks

http://www.apten-us.com/vehicles/sc/

The first stage should get you there.

Basically, open the exhaust up and make the intake bigger for more airflow. That should creep ya into the 14's.

1. exhaust
2. intake
3. 5 or 10% pulley
4. 3.73 gears

That should get you into the 14's easily. If it doesn't then you can go with a shift kit in the tranny.

Mine may be the freak, but I ran a 15.007 with a shift kit and a little exhaust work.

007_SuperCoupe said:
1. exhaust
2. intake
3. 5 or 10% pulley
4. 3.73 gears

Mine ran 14.85 with the exhaust, intake, and a 5% OD pulley on a 94/95 Supercharger. If you do those 3 and don't run a 14 sec time slip, invest in a good shift kit (IE: Lentech Valvebody - expensive, but worth it) or some 3.73 gears like Sam suggested.

-Andy "Melon"

Going to 3:73 gears is a big help. It will make the car act like its 500 lbs. lighter. I will have a set for sale this winter when I go from 3:73 to 4:10. Tim

Look at my profile. The only differrence will be that you would need a shift kit.

Back