89 xr7 virginia

joegreddy

Hey i'm selling my 89 xr7. Car is black interior is fair and engine needs little work. Car recently got tuned up and i have pictures too. so you can email me at driftaddiction@yahoo.com. I'm looking for 700 but if you give me a offer that i can't resist then the car is yours. thanks
JOE

Nah the car is not bad at all really. I changed plugs and wires and all that. Car needs some work, but the car runs and all. This car basically is a car that you can drive for the mean time while you save money to really modify it all to hell.

If anyone wants a non-biased opinion/description of this car I went to take a look at it this week.

Joe is a stand up guy and has a cougar that is in good shape. The interior is rough and in need of a good cleaning. There are a few interior parts that need replaced: headlight knob, shifter knob, rear speaker cover, ebrake button, and a left passive restraint cover. The dash has a crack in it and the trim piece on the dash (above the glove compartment) just needs to be glued back in. There is also some repair work needed to the center console.

On the exterior the car looks really good. The car has been re-painted and looks to be a little wavy in a few places but when you walk up to it these are not noticable until you start looking for them. The roof and the hood could both use another painting, not terrible at all but there are some scratches and fading on the roof and the hood has a couple of spots that need re done. There were not any place that leaped out at me as having had, or in need of, major repair. The factory rims were in decent shape and for the most part would need a good cleaning but I did not see any curb rash so they are ideal for reconditioning.

Although I didn't drive the car Joe started it up for me and it came right to life. Sounded good... did not see any leaks other than the SC snout. Joe did mention that when he gets on it there is a sound like a miss but other than that it looked and sounded nice. One really wierd thing is that the transmission, Joe says, is a 4 speed. Again, I did not drive it but I am sure he knows his car! :)

Anyway, I went looking for a parts car and found a car worthy of much more. Don't get me wrong.... this car is a project and is rough but the majority of that is with the interior. I would truly love to have a number of parts from the car but know I would not be able to canabalize(sp?) a vehicle in the condition as this one is.

If you want to contact me with any questions.... feel free to hit me with an IM or email.
Thanks...

Brock

Back