Power Problems

94sc

I could use some advice again. I had a guy tell me today that my supercharger might be bad. Its got 170,000 on it. I power braked the car in reverse today and I couldn't even brake her free. All it could do was run up to about 2,000 and spit and sputter. I just can't figure out the problem. Everything else has been replaced that I can think of.

Not much info to work on, there....
only 'bout a hunnerd things that could cause low power output.
If the supercharger is bad; its prolly makin' a hella racket.
If no racket; then prolly whoever told ya that is clueless, too.
What exactly has been replaced or tested?
Any eec codes?
Start & Idle OK?
Any fuzzy stuff in the exhaust??

Power problem

Runs fine at idle and nothing rattling around in the converters and exhaust doesn't seem to be restricted.
Here is everything I have replaced recently: new plugs, plug wires I tested and were good under 8K resistance, took out plugs and tested coil packs all six plugs gave a arc packs seem to be fine,new fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure at fuel rail 40-50 psi, new throttle body position senor, B&M shift kit in tranny, torque converter, front and rear seals in tranny, motor re-built professionaly 25,000 ago. Just had pressure testing done and bleed down test all looked good. Several diagnosics done only thing showing up is knock sensor not detected and low pressure in map sensor. Hooked up vaccum line to map sensor and engine light comes on. Took back off and enige light goes off. I give up any advice would sure be appreciated. Thanks 94sc

Last edited:
well

well-you dont ahve a map sensor-its a bap sensor-barometric pressure-measures the pressure of the atmosphere-putting a vac. line to it may have ruined it when it was subjected to boost-leave it unhooked. whats the vacumn gauge register at idle, and what is the max boost you are getting? should peak around 3500-4000. good luck, mike

Back