supercharged 3-AC

WinnipegSC

hey i got a spare Toyota tercel wagon sitting around and reliazed that it has TONS APON TONES of room undernteh hood.. so BANG idea.. why not M90 it :p..
but a couple of questions came up..
1) will an early M90 witha Later pully still produce mroe tehn 10PSI..
2) will a 2 bbl 350CFM carb flow enough for the supercharger or am i looking at drilling out WOT secondaries??
3) the 3AC uses a V belt.. what would be best way to get teh power to teh SC...
4) goes over number 1 .. how precise does the 2 pullys have to be a in SHOULD i custom fab the SC J/S onto the thing to ensure controled spin

ALso anyone have any early model stock M90's laying around for dirt cheep. im thinking i might be able to get some OMMF outa this stock 7.8:1 compression 4cyl and its WHOPPPING 64HP

Blower pressure is a function of engine displacment, blower displacment and blower RPM.

You need to start low like 4psi and work your way up. You could use the carb as a draw-thru, but it's not really meant for that purpose. The grease in the rear bearings might getgas in them and ruin them.

Personally I would look for a grooved pulley that will fit yhe blower and start calculations from there. Search for blower calculations.

You don't "drill out secondaries" so you sould do a little reading before you even start.

1 What is the CID of the engine?
2 What type/brand/model carb are you going to use?
3 What type of ignition system mods are you planning to make with regards to boost?

Jeff

what size is the crank pulley because im my VW im getting 15 psi and when i get my other outlet it should be over 15

With a real small engine displacement you should drop back on the blower displacement. I would
try the M45. The reason is that at low SC RPM (which you would be running on a small motor)
causes substantial leakage until the rotors can turn fast enough to keep the leakage at bay, to keep
some efficiency.

Jeff

Back