"What if I do this..." - Stupid Questions on the Rise

93SuperCoupeBoy

I honestly don't mean to offend people that ask questions on this forum, as it is a good place to learn things and stuff like that. BUT, I do have to say that there is a BIG increase in the number of people that ask pointless questions, like "Can I beat a Mustang GT, or Cobra, or whatever?". I'm a young SCer, but I seemed to have picked up the concept of not asking questions that prove your ignorance to everyone. Once again, this isn't meant to be offensive, just noticing that there are more and more questions that really dont' have answers because the cars don't race themselves, the drivers make the difference and therefore it is kind of pointless to ask some of the questions that I see on here.

Nick

93SuperCoupeBoy said:
I honestly don't mean to offend people that ask questions on this forum, as it is a good place to learn things and stuff like that. BUT, I do have to say that there is a BIG increase in the number of people that ask pointless questions, like "Can I beat a Mustang GT, or Cobra, or whatever?". I'm a young SCer, but I seemed to have picked up the concept of not asking questions that prove your ignorance to everyone. Once again, this isn't meant to be offensive, just noticing that there are more and more questions that really dont' have answers because the cars don't race themselves, the drivers make the difference and therefore it is kind of pointless to ask some of the questions that I see on here.

Nick
Nick,
You have to remember that the purpose of having such a club is so that we may share technical information for the benifit of all. Now you may think some questions are pointless, but I have not seen a dumb question asked yet. The only dumb question is one that is not asked. Although the driver makes one hell of a difference I seriously doubt any SCer with a stock car will beat a dumb @$$ kid in a late model Cobra his parents just bought him. :rolleyes:

I understand that people want to know things, but usually you can think of how well the other person can drive the car, and look up the stock ET for it to see if you'd be able to beat it or not. Basically, this is just like telling people to use the "Search" feature instead of asking questions that don't need to be asked.

93SuperCoupeBoy said:
I understand that people want to know things, but usually you can think of how well the other person can drive the car, and look up the stock ET for it to see if you'd be able to beat it or not. Basically, this is just like telling people to use the "Search" feature instead of asking questions that don't need to be asked.

Naaa!
When someone asks a question of this sort they are usually looking for someone like me who has been there and raced that car before. ;)

I was wondering in a drag race could I beat a stock Mack garbage truck? How about a city bus? I heard the bus may be running n.o.s. :rolleyes:

tim said:
I was wondering in a drag race could I beat a stock Mack garbage truck? How about a city bus? I heard the bus may be running n.o.s. :rolleyes:

Tim,
I spanked the garbage truck, but dont mess with that bus man! That N.O.S. is a killer! :p

Just read those " can I beat this or that" questions as "tell me about some of the races you've had in your SC".
Also the last SC's and 5.0 Mustangs are 10 years old now so a lot of people around here might not be old enough to know what beat what back in the early 90's. And to just look up 1/4 mile times from old mag. tests won't necessarily tell you what is faster on the street.

Kurt

dont like the questions dont answer,

some are new here and dont know the answers.

I personaly like newbie ?s corrupt em young!!!

XR7Kurt said:
Just read those " can I beat this or that" questions as "tell me about some of the races you've had in your SC".
Also the last SC's and 5.0 Mustangs are 10 years old now so a lot of people around here might not be old enough to know what beat what back in the early 90's. And to just look up 1/4 mile times from old mag. tests won't necessarily tell you what is faster on the street.

Kurt

That's what I was thinking Kurt. Well said. :cool:

Manny!
You are killing me man! Newbies are people too! :p

Look I was just kidding around. With mods and modern tires these cars get faster all the time. I may be going out on a limb but most of us that are really into these cars are kind of fanatical. I know I am, and with that comes driving skills. I have beat a few cars at the track that should have kicked my butt. There are a lot of S.C.s out there way faster than mine. How would you like to go out and spend the money on a new Cobra and run into some of the top cars in this club on the street. Every car is differant. May all be S.Cs but none of them run the same even with the same mods. So asking what will I do against such and such is not a question that can really be answered.

Hi Little Big brother Nick,

It's like this...sometimes people ask some stupid questions, but what's worse is giving stupid answers! Sometimes we, that are more experienced than others that have had our cars longer and have taken them appart and had to put them back together, think we are real smart because we have fixed our headgaskets or whatever. Being a Vendor some people ask the darnest questions! I know that when I first started with restoring my son's Super Coupe I spent tons on money before I learned to ask questions. I wonder sometimes how come some people do not know the answer to some simple questions. If I were to say to them... Wow dude you better get with the program, I would probably never hear from that person again. So all questions are important. We just all think we're so smart sometimes. I'm not very smart with computers, but you ARE! You must think of me as a dumb a-ss when it comes to computers. I may be not as smart some things, but in others I have been around the block ten times to your one. You are my good friend and I know how smart you are! We are not all as gifted as you. So what is smart? It all depends on what your good at. This is not a cut by any means... my good friend, I wish I was 1/2 as smart as you. You can take a web page and finish it in a week or a day. I have been working on one for three months.You know more about Super Coupes than most anyone I know. You can have a very high IQ, but are you street-mart? Not necessarily. It depends on how you apply your knowledge. What takes you a minute to figure out takes me a week, but I know I'll get it, if I ask enough people. You have to be constantly challenged or you become bored with simple things and possibly simple people like me. Wisdom is similar to being smart it just takes so long to acquire it that by the time you do it's time to leave a will. Anyone can be book smart and street dumb, or street smart and book dumb. You are still young, you take on the responsibilities of a 30 year old person...full time school 4.2 average in college courses, you work full time and you also have a great Mom...and you treat people with respect and integrity. Remember, you still have many years to grow and acquire the wisdom that only comes through life's bumps in the road. We all ask or answer questions .Sometimes, we look back and ask ourselves,..Wow I must have been drunk to have asked that question or answer the way I did. Dont sweat it My young Bro! You are only human... thank God.
Your SC made car of the month in 4 months... Mine may take a lifetime. Talk with you soon. My car can beat your car :p ;) :)
Victor and Diane
Your Florida Family......

I think to the person asking, it must not be stupid or they wouldn't be asking. I think newbies should be treated nice so they don't get a bad taste in their mouth about the site, it's members or the cars.

BTW, does anyone know if I'll be able to beat Frank in his turbo Mustang GT when it's done? LOL ;) :p

NCredSC said:
I think to the person asking, it must not be stupid or they wouldn't be asking. I think newbies should be treated nice so they don't get a bad taste in their mouth about the site, it's members or the cars.

BTW, does anyone know if I'll be able to beat Frank in his turbo Mustang GT when it's done? LOL ;) :p

HEHE! We will only know if you guys are nice enough to let me bring it to a Supercoupe meet! :D

I kind of agree with the original post. It gets annoying constantly seeing posts that say, "I'm going to race this guy who has this car. I was wondering if I'll beat him." Why don't you just race him and find out? That's the only way to know for sure anyway. It could be they're deciding if they want to put money on the line, but I doubt it most of the time. There's too much bench racing and not enough racing. I don't see anything wrong with asking how much power you can get from a part though, unless it's like, "I put on a new supercharger and I'm going to have it dynoed next week. What do you think I'll get?"

i think people ask stupid question to get confidence u JERKS! Thats how you ****en learn. You live and learn! I ask questions to get confidence on working on my car! I dont need to know if i can beat a GT. I sure *** hell can! What is wrong with you! Just ignore the freaking questions. You losers were young too. Or is it jelousy? That you arent as fascinated with the SC as u used to be when uy were young! Im pretty sure everyone has wrote up a dumb thread once! To tell you the truth. Ive seen a huge jump in NEWBIE threads. Which i kinda like because more people are more interested in SC's. SC's are a rare breed of cars. Not like burnt out STANGS! and i am starting to hate this damn board! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

darkstar_one said:
i think people ask stupid question to get confidence u JERKS! Thats how you ****en learn. You live and learn! I ask questions to get confidence on working on my car! I dont need to know if i can beat a GT. I sure *** hell can! What is wrong with you! Just ignore the freaking questions. You losers were young too. Or is it jelousy? That you arent as fascinated with the SC as u used to be when uy were young! Im pretty sure everyone has wrote up a dumb thread once! To tell you the truth. Ive seen a huge jump in NEWBIE threads. Which i kinda like because more people are more interested in SC's. SC's are a rare breed of cars. Not like burnt out STANGS! and i am starting to hate this damn board! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

Jonathan, take a vallium and go to bed. ;) :D :p

I think This post is full. I think if you really new the person who wrote this post, You would understsand a lot more than anyone here can imagine.

I'm sorry I wrote anything here. There is really many other post to look at and lets let this one rest. This post is full of
nothings more to say. If you ever need help write The person who wrote this post and he may teach us something. I have a few friends here and guys lets go play somewhere else. We are all friends lets be kind to each other. We all learn as we pass through life. That's just the way it goes. Take care NCredSC!!! ;) :) and everyone else. Yo Supercoupe boy talk with you tomorrow. Got some good news. :D ;) :cool:

Victor and Diane

Everybody was a noob at one time. While it's true that some of the stuff posted can't be answered, alot of it can. Anything that keeps these cars out of the junk yard is a good thing.

David

Back