silencer

scfix92

does any one have instructions or pictures on how to bypass the silencer on a 94 sc or at least know where it is at. and how easy is it to do.

I take it you mean the air silencer in the fenderwell? Simply remove the splash shield in the wheel-well enough to be able to get the box you'll see under the air filter box through.... then open the air filter box and you'll see 3 nuts that hold that box on. Remove them and then pull the box out through the fender well. I went out and got 3 bolts and nuts to hold the box back in the stock location, but you don't have to it'll just flop around a little.

Nick

sorry

I just found that out I have a really dumb person who was one a good friend that told me it was a sc but I just started reading about it after I posted this thanks for the fast reply

silencer?

93SuperCoupeBoy said:
I take it you mean the air silencer in the fenderwell? Simply remove the splash shield in the wheel-well enough to be able to get the box you'll see under the air filter box through.... then open the air filter box and you'll see 3 nuts that hold that box on. Remove them and then pull the box out through the fender well. I went out and got 3 bolts and nuts to hold the box back in the stock location, but you don't have to it'll just flop around a little.

Nick

is it ok to run the car without the silencer if you dont install another one right away?
hawk

hawk said:
is it ok to run the car without the silencer if you dont install another one right away?
hawk

Nobody installs another one. You still need an air cleaner, but you can remove the air silencer below it.

The air silencer only does 2 things:
1. make the car quieter by removing sounds
2. If fording shallow water it can help keep water out of the intake.

So don't traverse any water over 1 foot deep and you will be fine.

Back