Fastest run on stock tires?

SCCoupe50

Power and weight reduction aside, what is the fastest quarter mile time one can expect from an SC running stock size every day radial tires?

But Dave you are a GOD :eek: , how can we little guys possible keep up with you? :confused:

I know you are one of the most knowledgable guys around here along with a few others,one day i WISH to be there!!! :D

Tyler

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
But Dave you are a GOD :eek: , how can we little guys possible keep up with you? :confused:

I know you are one of the most knowledgable guys around here along with a few others,one day i WISH to be there!!! :D

Tyler

Please. :rolleyes: I witnessed BlackbirdSC run 13.5 on street tires with a lot less HP than I have. Maybe the question should read something like "what is the best 60 ft achieved on street tires" because I believe that is right around 1.95 sec. My best ever was 1.99 with stock gears, stock engine, and true street tires.

I think he ask,What is the fastest 1/4 mile time one can expect with STOCK SIZE every day radial tires.

Stock SIZE does not mean 14 inch wide tires like you run Dave D.Or radial D.O.T. slicks

RANDY

Randy N Connie said:
I think he ask,What is the fastest 1/4 mile time one can expect with STOCK SIZE every day radial tires.

Stock SIZE does not mean 14 inch wide tires like you run Dave D.Or radial D.O.T. slicks

RANDY

Ok you got me. :cool: No drag radials at the time but I did have 255/50/16 Falkon's on 9" rims. I know Blackbird was running Pep Boys brand 255/50's on stock rims when he ran his 1.9x. He had about 275rwhp at the time. Stock size tires I bet anyone would have a hard time beating a 2.0 60 ft and about a 14.0 unless you have a ton of HP.

Connies fastest 60' time with stock size tires is 2.041 .
Thats leaving the line at idel RPMs.No brake torqueing to raise RPMs.
1990 stock auto trans with stock torque convertor.
With stock motor,with some bolt ons.the RWHP 250.7.
And the driver level of experience had only made 3 passes,at one car race, first time car drag racer.

I can't tell you if this is a good time or bad.But here is my example.

RANDY

Last edited:
With all season 225/60/16 Michelin tires my best 60' is 2.15, set at 26 psi. I probably only have around 225-230 rwhp now. I'm a real novice when it comes to drag racing so take any advice with a grain of salt. I would say that my tires are not good drag racing tires, and you have to roll into the throttle to keep them from spinning. With all the torque the engine makes you feel like you are just wasting it with these tires. I go to the track just for the fun of it. I'm not that serious about the times, but I can see that if you keep going your going to want to improve the times or it's going to get old. You might want to look into some MT/ET streets on a spare set of rims if you want to get the maximum 1/4 mile time out of the car.

Back