What K&N to put on stock MAF?

turboken

I want to put a K&N filter cone on my MAF, like on my turbo car, but I don't know where to get one. No place around here has cone filters. Autozone let me use their catalog, and it listed an $85 part (2.5 inch diameter flange i think). It was PN 893BP. Any suggestions??

well what year if ur bird, i have a 92 and later MAF on my and its 70mm i think which turns out to 3.5 inch opening, i think 91 and older are 55MM like around 3 inches, but i dont know, i am getting a 3.5 inch cone filter from ebay for around 15 bucks, gonna see how that works out.

I wouldn't just stick a cone filter on without some kind of heat shield. Any benefit you would get would be negated by the hotter air. You'd be better off with something similar to the ZR intake (check groupbuys). I like mine, but most of the gain with any intake is just looks and sound.

yeah thats true, u should also get a 90 degree elbow so it can curve down and place the filter below the panel to scoop up "cold" air. thats what im going to do, kinda like the pic i loaded,

Attachments

• 34_1_b.jpg
    34_1_b.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 59
This post shows what I did with my 94.
k&n cone on maf w/ box

It is the biggest cone they stock at murrays or pep boys. You have to use the rubber spacers/adapters from the stock airbox, but it works excellent. :D

What I have seen some do is use that 45ish deg bend that slips into the air silencer put the cone on one end and place it back under the air box. Now take a fram/wix etc cheap cotton filter, remove the rubber seal from the filter part and use the seal to seal up the stock air box.

Back