poor idle--need help!

HBK94SC

I posted this earlier but it seems that it disappeared so here it goes again.

Ok here is my problem. My car idles at about 1500 rpm at start up then kicks down to about 900 in about a minute. Shortly after it procedes to stall out. While driving its fine till I stop at a light and it idles at 1500-2000 rpm. I have changed the IAC, new plugs and wires and cleaned the MAF. I've tried to reset the computer but with no luck. Where else should I check? Please help, Thanks.

Still sounds like an IAC problem to me

Did you use a ford oem iac, or an aftermarket one? I have heard only the FORD iacs will work in our cars

I thought so too, but the one I got from Advance Auto Parts two years ago is working fine. Maybe the 94/95's can get away with a non-OEM unit.

I have a little stumble at idle that goes away when the car gets warm now, so I'm thinking a sticky IAC is to blame. Time to take it off and clean it, then back to replacing sensors. LOL

Paul

I'm going to have to look for vacuum leaks and check the TPS. Yes, I used an oem Ford IAC. I prefer to use oem parts even if they cost more.

Poor idle

Check for air leaks at each of your intake connections with both warm and cold engine before you go to the expense of buying another IAC. You can use propane or carb cleaner to spray at the connections at idle, if you notice the idle change while spraying, then thats a leak that needs to be plugged but retest the rest of the connections anyway because there could be more than one.

The IAC is the Idle Air Control. It is located on the throttle body right next to the TPS(Throttle Postition Sensor). Its the one with the wire harness going into it. When replacing the IAC be sure to replace the gasket too.

ya i would test for leaks mine did that very same thing and it was a bad seal at the blowertop and intake tube

I have posted this same problem with mine.

What I did was take a piece of tape and tape a washer to your throttle body where the idle adjuster screw hits (just a quick fix to see if it helps). This brought my idle up and runs great now. Then you take tape off and adjust the actual screw.

Back