Flowmaster Exhaust

ben04

im planning on doing mine during the winter as it sits in teh garage hibernating......i was wondering, in doing research i foudn that the flowmaster 17100 (muffler kit) requires 15100 which is the resonator......will a magnaflow resonator fit in plcae of the 15100? or do i need the FLOWmaster one? why are magnaflow res alwasy recomended? are they higher flowing then the flowmaster? :confused:

what I have gotten so far is that the magnaflow used as a resonator sounds better. But, when I was at carlisle whenever I heard an SC with the magnaflow they sounded the same as mine, (full slowmaster cat-back). Using the magnaflow you will most likely have to take it to meineke or a similar exhaust shop and have them modify it to mount onto the transmission. The flowmater resonator already has the brackets on it for mounting onto the transmission. For me, they all sound the same. As far as the flow goes, it still has to go all the way around your gas tank unless you have a 93 and up gas tank which involves a 90 degree bend to start it off.

I'd call Flowmaster, because I don't believe their kit will fit the earlier fuel tank routing. I have the set-up on my '93 5 speed & '94 auto and, it's easy to install yourself at home. You should also check the other 2.1/2" cat-back system that SCP carries for the earlier models.

Jim,
How do you like the Full Flowmaster Kit? I am in Burlington Twp. NJ & have been trying to decide if i am going to do it or not. Is it possible that we could get together sometime & I could hear you 94 SC?? Lemme know

Jay

i have the flowmaster cat back on my 91 and it bolted right up without any probs....i always wondered myself about getting a magnaflow resonater but if they sound the same then theres no reason too.....i like the flowmasters sound...i just wis it was a bit louder at idle

i have flowmaster cat back on my car i didnt buy there resonator but im using a home made resonator sound pretty good . i have a small drone sound problem about 2,000rpms but it sounds great other wise

Back