Newbie needs track tech advice

SuperCoupeSC91

I'm goin to the track this weekend, first time.. a couple things i'm wondering..

1. should i lower my air pressure in my tires ? theres not much to them ? 285/30/18's ?
2. i want to buy denzo It 20's 5326 have to find out where to get them asap ?
3. i might rig up my front exit supercharger top by welding a exhaust on an angle on my intercooler so i can use a straight 3" tube and a couple rubber boots to connect them.
4. i have 3.73's with a 5spd, should i try a run in 2nd or is that just dumb ?
5. should i buy a few (2,4,8) gallons of 112 octane (Cam2) or is to much octane bad for our cars ???
6. should i try some octane boost ?
7. drygas ?
8. any other tips or tricks ?
9. should i buy the 55" or 54" belt also ? or will it not matter if i since a delete pulley for the A/C compressor ?

Thanks.. Alex L

Last edited:
Couple of answers

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
1. should i lower my air pressure in my tires ? theres not much to them ? 285/30/18's ?
2. i want to buy denzo It 20's 5326 have to find out where to get them asap ?
3. i might rig up my front exit supercharger top by welding a exhaust on an angle on my intercooler so i can use a straight 3" tube and a couple rubber boots to connect them.
4. i have 3.73's with a 5spd, should i try a run in 2nd or is that just dumb ?
5. should i buy a few (2,4,8) gallons of 112 octane (Cam2) or is to much octane bad for our cars ???
6. should i try some octane boost ?
7. drygas ?
8. any other tips or tricks ?
9. should i buy the 55" or 54" belt also ? or will it not matter if i since a delete pulley for the A/C compressor ?

Generally lowering the tire pressure is good for traction. Just don't drive to far after the race, on the low pressure.

STARTING IN SECOND: That's a GOOD way to rip the slip yoke right off the front U-Joint!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTDT!!!!!!!!!! Early Model 5-spd & 3.27 gears.

Octane Boost will generally raise your octane one tenth of a point. Throwing a few gallons of Torko in the tank is better than octane booster. Do you have reason to believe that the car is hitting the knock sensor? Make sure you run with 93 octane. Your quickest times will come from running the engine just on the safe side of detonation. That means using the lowest octane that you can, w/o detonation. Rob Noth has been designing a Knock Sensor that will flash an LED when the Knock Sensor detects detonation. It'll be a GREAT tuning aid, when he gets it done.

68COUGAR

Back