best way to fix leaky oil pan gasket?

twoblownfords

i have a 93sc auto runs great except that leaky oil pan i dont fell like pulling motor. Any ideas how to fix this without pulling motor.

Have you looked real close at the source of the oil leak? The reason is, pan gasket leaks are rare. More likely it is front or rear oil seal, hole worn in pan from power steering hoses that run between pan and front subframe(caused by worn or broken motor mounts. Now, there is no easy way to remove the oil pan. The easiest way is to drop the subframe. The front crank seal is replaced in the timing cover, the rear crank seal needs the tranny pulled or motor pulled. Also, valve cover leaks are very common on these cars. If a valve cover is leaking bad enough it can run all the way down to the pan. Good luck, John

thanks yea the rear main is good just had it put in when i did the trans i may trear down the top end and redo heads and gaskets how long do you thing is it to drop sub frame

twoblownfords said:
thanks yea the rear main is good just had it put in when i did the trans i may trear down the top end and redo heads and gaskets how long do you thing is it to drop sub frame

If you know what you're doing you can drop down the subframe in a couple of hours. But it is awkward to do with jackstands and a floor jack, a lift would be a lot better. If you're going to do the heads anyway I think killing two birds with one stone and pulling the motor makes more sense. John

Back