Lagging power, loss of boost, no vacuum..

Tazer999

Ok so recently the car has been starting to run like a pile of crap in my opinion. Its boost will only reach around 8, vacuum is a mere 11in/hg at idle, and it lags for awhile when I push on the gas before it gets up and goes

Just did an oil change yesterday along with a fuel filter in hopes of the filter being clogged but no go. Checked with a propane bottle for boost leaks but could not find any near the joints. Also pulled the MAF and cleaned the wires on that also along with cleaning the k&n

Any ideas?

Tazer999 said:
Ok so recently the car has been starting to run like a pile of crap in my opinion. Its boost will only reach around 8, vacuum is a mere 11in/hg at idle, and it lags for awhile when I push on the gas before it gets up and goes

Just did an oil change yesterday along with a fuel filter in hopes of the filter being clogged but no go. Checked with a propane bottle for boost leaks but could not find any near the joints. Also pulled the MAF and cleaned the wires on that also along with cleaning the k&n

Any ideas?

I'm going through something similar. I tried the propane method and the carb cleaner method with no luck. So tonight I took out one of the fittings on the back of my MP inlet plenum and screwed an air chuck into it. I then blocked off the vacuum line that had been attached there. Set my compressor to 20 psi and hooked the air up to the plenum. Then I sprayed soapy water around all the connections and found out I had a leak at the TPS. A leak will show bubbles of course. You may not have an MP inlet plenum to screw into, so find a reducer of some sort and put your air chuck in the other plenum where the intake temp sensor is at. Make sure to spray around all vac lines, tps, iac, IC connections, etc. You'll most definitely have to take the cowl out of your car to do so. This will at least eliminate any vac leaks you might have.

my car ran like junk and had similar symtoms it was broken harmonic balancer i broke 2 then finally got a bhj

Back